Chapter 19

"Meeting you was fate. Becoming your friend was a choice. But falling in love with you was beyond my control."

Rose's POV:

As Harry's lips came down onto mine, my stomach erupted with butterflies and my eyes closed with a new sensation. His lips were soft and warm on mine, fitting perfectly. Cliché, yes, but honestly that's how it felt to me. I couldn't describe the feeling I got when he began to kiss me.

I kissed him back, ignoring the whoops and hollers from the people watching us, only focusing on Harry's lips as he held me closer to him, closer than I thought possible. We held each other close as our lips molded together, ignoring all the cheers echoing in the background.

We both broke away breathless, staring at each other with such intensity that I didn't know existed until now. I've never felt this way with anyone before...only Harry. He's the only one who's ever made me feel like his.

Our faces broke out in big smiles as we continued to stare at each other, still holding one another close. We turned our heads to the side as the cheering continued, everyone clapping and yelling for us happily.

My cheeks blushed from embarrassment as I realized that our moment was just shared with everyone in this room. I covered my face with my hands, trying to hide my red cheeks. Harry laughed, taking me in a hug so that my head was rested on his chest.

We walked away from the middle of the floor, passing by everyone who were still giving us smiles. When we were far enough away, Harry let me go and I let out a sigh of relief, turning to look at the dance floor, which had others dancing on it again.

I turned to Harry, about to say something when my mother came to me, picking me up and twirling me around with a squeal of happiness. "That was so adorable!!" she says happily, setting me down and I can't help but laugh. She turns to Harry, giving him a big hug as well.

He laughs, hugging her back and giving me a look from the corner of his eyes. She lets him go and claps her hands together happily, smiling at us.

"Alright, you two are free to do whatever you want now. You've made your appearance, so you can go wherever." she says, waving her hands at us before she scurries away. I chuckle, shaking my head with a smile on my face as I stare after my mother. She's one of a kind.

I turn to Harry, watching as his eyes were already trained on me and I can't help the beating of my heart quickening. "So...what do you want to do?" I ask him and he gives me a smile, offering me a hand. I take it with a smile, watching as he leads me out of the ballroom and towards the stairs.

He picked me up in the princess cradle, not letting me even walk up the stairs. I giggle, watching his lips come up in a smile as he runs up the stairs, using his vampire speed since no one was here, and everyone was still occupied in the ballroom. Well, everyone but us.

He opens up my bedroom door, going inside before kicking the door closed. He sets me down and I walk over towards my window, not sure of what to do now. I don't know why he wanted to bring me up to my room, but as long as I can just be with him, that's okay with me.

I turned around and jumped back in surprise. Harry was now right in front of me, staring at me with the same intensity that he had been right before he kissed me. But now...we aren't being forced. Does he still want to do it? Does he still want to kiss me?

In one swift movement, Harry has me up against the wall, his body trapping me there as I gasp in shock. "That kiss..." he trails off, running his thumb over my lips and I take a deep breath, overwhelmed by his actions.

"...was amazing." he breathes out and I can't help but smile at him, our eyes meeting each other's. His eyes trail down to my lips and I lick my lips, trying not to be as nervous as I felt. "What did you mean when you said 'give them what we all want'?" I ask him and he chuckles, his hands snaking around my back and pulling me closer to him.

"Because I've been wanting to kiss you for a few days now." he says lowly and I look at him with wide eyes, watching as his eyes trail down my body. "I...I've been wanting the same thing." I admit and he smiles at me, tugging me closer to him and my hands went to his neck, wrapping them around the back of his neck.

"Then let's continue what we started...but this time it's not for everyone to see." he whispers, his forehead on mine and I nod my head, not knowing what to say or do.

His lips gently brush mine, pecking them slowly like they were delicate and fragile. I lean into him, making our lips touch again, this time more urgently. He fully kissed me, our lips coming together as he gripped my back tightly, making sure that I wasn't going to move. My fingers found themselves playing in his hair, which was extremely soft and curly.

He turned us around and quickly went to my bed, not breaking the kiss as he lays me down on the mattress, his legs on either side of my body as we continued to kiss. I gasped as I felt his tongue on my bottom lip, and that made him able to put his tongue into my mouth, deepening our kiss.

I would've never guessed that Harry, the man I saved from the forest, would be here in my room tonight, kissing me passionately like this. The more I think about it while we kiss, the happier I am. This is no longer an act between two people, this is real...this is something we really do have.

We finally break away, gasping for breath as Harry puts his lips by my neck, kissing it softly. He nudged the chain from the pendant away from my neck and he began placing kisses all over my neck, overwhelming me.

"May I?" he asks and I immediately understand what he means. "Yes." I breathe out, waiting for him to begin.

His teeth sink into my neck but this time, I don't even feel a hint of pain. I can hear him sucking my blood and I can't help but breathe out heavily, ignited by the warmth of the feeling in my neck. He's making it painless, I know that much, but this time it feels so much more intimate. Not like the first time when I was scared to death of him...now I really like him, and I don't mind that he's using me to feed at the moment.

He takes his fangs out of my neck, licking my neck slowly and making me shudder from the feeling. He kisses the same spot where he bit me and I knew that the spot had healed. He leaned back, looking me in the eyes while he panted, his green eyes seeming more vibrant after his feeding.

"I could stay like this forever." he murmurs, plopping down beside me in my bed, taking my hand in his as both of us stared at each other with smiles on our faces. "I could too." I say and he gives me a bright smile.

"Rose?" he asks and I raise an eyebrow at him curiously. "Yes, Harry?" I ask him and he gives me a big smile, kissing me forehead gently before looking me in the eyes, his own filled with happiness.

"I'm glad that you told them I was going to marry you." he says and I can't help but giggle. "Really?" I ask him and he nods his head. "Yes, I would've never gotten to know you so well. I'm...I'm actually happy here." he says, admitting it and I can't keep the smile off of my face.

"I don't think I've ever been happier to have someone with me, Harry." I admit and he wraps an arm around me, pulling me close to his side. "When this is over, Rose..." he trails off, looking me in the eyes with a big smile.

"I don't think I'm leaving."

I know this is a shorter chapter, it was a bit of a filler actually! Sorry about that! I will be posting the next chapter, which will be very important, soon if at all possible. Please read on! :)