Chapter 14

"Sometimes you have to embrace the darkness to stop it."

Rose's POV:

"We have to move, get you out of that dress and get out of the palace. If they are coming, we don't need to have a fight inside the palace, we need to be outside." Harry tells me and I gulp nervously, nodding my head to him.

Harry looked around us, his eyes narrowing before he grabbed my hand, leading me upstairs quickly, picking me up and carrying me so that I wouldn't fall. He stopped at my room, setting me down gently and walking inside before going to my closet and flinging the doors open.

"Please tell me you have clothes other than dresses?" He asks and I nod my head to him, but since he can't see me I clear my throat and answer him. "Yes." I say, walking to the closet as he looks in it hastily. He was throwing clothes left and right and I just sighed, placing a hand on his shoulder to make him stop before I started to look myself.

I grab a fitted red v-neck and a little black skirt to go with it. I show them to Harry, who nods at me and leaves the room. "Get dressed into that, you're going to be needing to move fast. And please don't wear your flats." He says and closes the door behind him, leaving me alone in my room. I obey him, stripping from the dress I was wearing and putting the clothes on.

The skirt wasn't too short, coming a little above mid thigh, and the outfit was perfect for this, easy to move around in. I grabbed some black boots from my closet and slipped them on, thinking that they would work better than the flats I always wore. And Harry didn't want me to wear them anyways, so these would have to work.

I quickly went to the door, opening it to reveal an impatient Harry. When he saw me, his eyes widened as he looked at my body and before he coughed to cover up the fact that he was checking me out. He scratched the back of his neck and I blushed before I took his hand and began to walk towards the stairs. We didn't have the time to dwell on anything at the moment.

He picked me up again and jumped, my eyes widening in panic as we practically flew down the stairs. He landed gracefully, setting me down beside him as I stared at him like he was crazy. My heart was pounding from the rush I just felt of going down so many stairs so quickly.

"What was that?" I ask him and he smirks. "I'm not the most patient person in the world." He says and I scowl at him.

"Why did I change anyways?" I ask him and he rolls his eyes. "We are going to be running around a lot in the next few hours, so I knew that dress of yours wasn't going to cut it. Now for your clumsiness, all I can do is catch you if you fall." He explains and I nod to him, looking at the door. Sometimes I wish I weren't so clumsy so that I wouldn't inconvenience anyone anymore.

"So whenever someone comes to attack us, we fight back?" I ask and Harry chuckles. "I don't know how much fighting back you can do, but yes, we fight back." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Don't doubt me, I will help you as much as I can." I say and he nods to me. We open the doors and run out, looking down the streets to see if the coast was clear. We walked around for a little while and so far we hadn't run into anyone. But what's our luck?? That's right, bad. Just as we were coming into a clearing, we heard some noises.

There was someone there.

"Shh." Harry shushes me, taking my hand and quietly leading us so that we were hiding away behind a wall from this person. "If we can avoid a fight, we will. Right now, our main priority is to get to the-" he's cut off by something slamming into the wall, making both of us jump.

"Come out, come out wherever you are!!" The deep voice taunted and I gulped nervously, looking at Harry with worried eyes. He looked like he was focusing on something, but I couldn't tell what.

"Don't worry, I can handle this." He says and I nod to him, praying that he was telling the truth. He gives me a reassuring look before running out from behind the wall, ready for a fight.

His face turned into one of shock and his mouth dropped open. "No. You? You're behind this?" He asks and I hear a deep laugh, one that didn't sound completely human. It almost sounded demonic. A demon? I think, trying to keep my curiosity from getting too high.

Before Harry could recover from his shock, he was hit by a rock suddenly jutting out from the ground, catching him in the stomach and sending him flying into the near wall.

I gasped, covering my hand with my mouth to hold in my scream as Harry slowly got up, an angry look now on his face. "Where is she, Harry? I know you have her with you!!" The demonic voice growls and Harry curses.

"I will blow you to pieces before you lay a hand on her." Harry retorts and I see him steal a look at me. "But it'd be easy Harry. Just hand her over to me, and I'll release the spell. Simple as that." The man growls and my eyes widen.

If I go with him, everyone will wake up? And if I do that...Harry won't get hurt because of me. He wouldn't have to worry about me anymore. If I go with this person, everything will be okay...

"No." Harry growls and I am about to step out when more rocks jut out, hitting Harry again and making him fall to the ground in pain.

"Harry!" I gasp and I run to him, not caring who this other person is. "Ohh, she finally shows herself." He says and tears sting my eyes as I look at Harry. I didn't even bother to glance at this person, my attention solely on Harry right now.

He was bleeding and he already had bruises forming on his body from wherever the rocks hit him. Tears stung my eyes as he looked up at me, shaking his head as if to tell me to leave and get away from this place. But I wasn't going to do that.

"Don't like that, do you Princess?" He sneers and I shakily stand up, turning around in anger to face this horrible and cruel person. How could someone be so-

When I see who it is, the color drains from my face and I can't find the air to breathe. No. No please no. "Shocked to see me, Princess?" He sneers and I feel my heart pounding.

"No..." I trail off and he laughs, throwing his head back before giving me a dark grin. "And you never suspected a thing. That's the best thing about all of this, you know? It's because I was the last person that you would've ever suspected!! But that's not a problem anymore, because now I can finally kill you." He snarls and I feel like my heart just shattered.

The man who did this...the one who put the Northern region of Dragmere in an eternal sleep...the man who wants to kill me...

Is James.

Cliffhanger...don't hate me. Haha, let me know how you like this chapter. This next chapter is going to be pretty intense. Just let me know one thing: How many of you hate James? (or me for making him do that haha) I'd love to know!! Please Comment and Vote!! xx