Chapter 29

"If all problems could be solved by sorry, we won't have war and we wouldn't need soldiers..."

Rose's POV:

Harry's confession stunned me into silence. I stared at him in complete shock, watching as he smiled at me, almost waiting for me to say something. Did I indeed love him? I ask myself, although I think I already knew the answer.

Smiling back at him, I took his hands in mine, squeezing them in reassurance. "I love you too, Harry." I say and he crushes me to him, hugging me tightly as if when he let go I would disappear from him.

"Please understand that everything I do is for the best." he whispers and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, pulling back and looking at him with a confused smile. "Of course it is. That's why we're doing this, isn't it?" I ask him and he just chuckles, nodding his head.

"Yeah, that's why we're doing it." he says and we both smile.

Another explosion makes us turn our heads, my eyes widening as I see my favorite bakery being blown to bits. Fire billows up, the flames roaring into the sky while smoke puffs up above it, making my heart sink at the sight of yet another part of my Kingdom being destroyed.

"This is all my fault." I say sadly and Harry turns to me, his eyes furrowed. "No it isn't. How do you even get that idea that it is your fault for this?" he asks me and I give him a frown.

"Because if I would've just gone with James in the first place, none of this would be happening and you could all be living peaceful lives without any war!" I shout, my emotions swirling around erratically. I should have done something sooner. I've waited too long to help out, and now it's come down to this.

I stare at Harry as he finally gives me an answer. "Can't you see, Rose? They would've done this either way! They aren't taking over Dragmere because of you, it's because of their own ambitions. With you out of the way it just makes it easier for them. So no, giving yourself over wouldn't have prevented anything!" he yells at me, my eyes widening as he grabs my shoulders, looking me in the eyes.

"You need to get that through your head right now, Rose. That nothing is your fault. This isn't your fault at all, it just happened this way. Don't you dare think any differently." he says harshly and I gulp, closing my eyes and listening to the sounds around me.

The sounds of terrorized screaming fills my ears, the explosions and cracking of buildings, how the fires rage on, people running around, desperately trying to get away from the mass invasion that suddenly happened.

How is this not my fault? Seth has told me countless times that it is my fault for everything, and maybe he was right. Because I lived when my parents threw me out and I was taken in, maybe that's why the takeover happened. Because there was a half-breed living as a princess, when they all thought that she deserved to die.

But for Harry's sake, and for the sake of saving my Kingdom, I will pretend like it is not my fault. I will be strong and go through this, and maybe redeem myself by saving my home.

"Okay Harry, okay." I say finally, giving him a smile as I reopen my eyes, staring into his green eyes as they search mine for reassurance. "Thank you, Rose." he tells me relieved and I just nod my head, not wanting to talk about it anymore.

"Now, lets go kick us some demon butt." he tells me, extending his hand to mine and I smile, gratefully taking it as we make our way to the nearest building, finding two demons burning it to the ground. 

"Is that the normal power for demons? Fire?" I ask angrily and Harry sighs, nodding his head. "Sadly, yes. It is for all demons, but not vampires. Vampires usually control wind, unlike me. It's rare to have water or fire powers." he says and I nod my head, watching as he turns to me.