Chapter 12

"Life is full of surprises. You never know what will hit you."

Rose's POV:

The looks I received from everyone were completely and utterly priceless. I was trying not to laugh as everything was silent, their faces not changing as the seconds ticked by. It seemed to take them forever to recover from what I've just said.

Luke looked insanely furious but incredibly shocked at the same time. His mouth was hanging open, his eyes wide but his eyebrows furrowed down in anger, gripping the tablecloth to control himself from getting up and saying something.

King George looked completely stunned, his mouth slightly open while he had his glass in the air, not sure what to do or how to respond to my words. He was blinking repeatedly, trying to retain what I had just said. My mother was just smiling brightly at me, her face glowing with happiness with her hands clapped together, her eyes twinkling.

Harry, on the other hand, looked like he was trying not to get up and strangle me yet at the same time he was trying to smile at me like he knew what was happening. Yeah, I knew he'd hate it. His mouth was open a little, his lips curled up in an extremely forced smile, while his eyes were wide in shock, his eyebrow twitching in anger and he was giving me a death glare.

If looks could kill, I'd be dead and buried by both Harry and Luke by now.

"Rose...th-that's amazing!" my mother finally breaks the silence and I smile at her, watching as the three boys begin to snap out of their shock. My father coughed, setting his drink down, taking a deep breath and shaking his head before looking at me. Luke let go of the tablecloth and began taking deep breaths, giving me another deadly look while muttering under his breath.

And Harry...he looked like he was about to run away from the scene and take me with him so that he could scream at me and kill me for doing this. Then bury my body underneath the palace and dance on my grave, still cursing at me for coming up with this insane idea.

"Harry, my boy, is this true?" my father asks Harry and Harry turns to look at him, a forced smile on his lips. "Yes, Sire. It's true." he says and I try not to laugh at how strained his voice sounds. He almost sounds like a whale, his voice is so hoarse. "That's a load of crap!" Luke finally says, standing up out of his seat and glaring at me.

"Luke!" my mother says shocked but he continues to glare at me. "You don't want to marry him!" he accuses me and I frown at him. "And who says I don't?" I ask him, standing up from my seat and leaning on the table, both of us now glaring at each other.

"Don't do this Rose, you'll regret it." he whispers to me and I roll my eyes. "I still have four months to choose who I want to marry, and I choose Harry." I say and Harry coughs awkwardly, standing up and placing a hand on my back, making me stand up straight.

His eyes say 'I'm going to murder you' while he smiles down at me in a very 'caring and loving' way. "I'm lucky enough to be with her. I think it was fate that we met." he says and my mother squeals in happiness. She wouldn't be this excited if she knew that this whole thing was a lie...I really get myself into the worst situations.

"Oh Rosalie, I'm so happy for you!! This is amazing, isn't it George?" she asks my father, who nods his head slowly. "Yes...very amazing." he says, still a bit out of it but my mother stood up, clasping her hands together.

"Well Harry, you are more than welcome to continue staying here. I'm very happy that you two are so close." she says and Harry and I smile at each other, letting our act continue to sink in to the other three. "You can't be serious! They've known each other for two days!" Luke says, his face getting red with anger.