Chapter 25

'Allow yourself to hope, to believe and to trust again. Don't let a few bad memories stop you from having a good life.'

Rose's POV:

Harry was trying to form words in his mouth, his lips moving but nothing coming out of them. I closed my eyes somberly, knowing exactly why he is so stunned. I've done some research on the matter but it's always come up with the same result.

I'd asked Harry before because there was no for sure definition on what a half-breed was, and I just had wanted to make sure to know that my memories weren't wrong, I needed that closure to be sure of who I really was.

And now that I've gotten my answer, I really wish that I hadn't. Because all it is doing is causing me pain and grief, and it's causing the ones around me shock and fear. Things that I all hate.

"You...you're half vampire?" he finally manages to get out and I sigh, nodding my head to him and he swallows nervously, trying to figure out what to do about this now. "Rose, you know that means..." he trails off and I nod my head.

"I think I do." I mutter and he shakes his head in disbelief. "I can't believe this, how could you, how could someone as powerful as yourself lose all your power?? It doesn't make any sense!" he says, beginning to pace back and forth on the field.

"Harry-" I start but he cuts me off. "You know how powerful you are! Yet you haven't done anything to help out?! Why?!" he rants, clearly angry about the situation. I took a step back, hurt that he would be accusing me of this. Does he really think that I am just sitting by in all of this?  He should know by now that I want to help in any way possible.

"Would I be doing nothing if I could actually use my powers, Harry? I don't even think I have any! Yet you say that I do. I've never used any power my entire life! It's all been beaten out of me!" I say upset and freeze. My eyes widened and my mouth fell open as I realized my slip-up. I had just admitted to Harry that I was beaten as a child. And he didn't let that little sentence slip by him at all.

His eyes are wide as well, looking at me in shock. "You were beaten by them? By your real parents?" he asks me sadly and my eyes mist over. Why is it that I can't stop crying now? I've been able to keep myself from crying for so long, why can't I stop it now??

"I-I...it's true." I admit, hanging my head and not even bothering trying to hide it anymore. I've already admitted it to him, there was no use in hiding it.

"I'm so sorry Rose, I didn't know." he whispers, coming up to me and wrapping his arms around me, holding me close to him. I returned his hug, clinging to him tightly as memories played through my mind, the pain of my past almost unbearable. The cruel smiles, the torturous laughter, the painful beatings. It was like I could still feel the pain from the torture and beatings that I endured. And that is the worst part about the past, you can feel it's scars forever, no matter how far you run from it. Even if you don't want it anymore.

"It's okay, Harry. It's not your fault." I say, offering him a smile but he just frowns at me. "I feel so guilty though." he says and I shake my head at him.

"Don't be guilty, you didn't even know I existed ten years ago." I say and his eyes widen. "Ten years ago?" he asks and I nod. His eyes glaze over as if he were remembering something, but he quickly snaps out of it, blinking at me several times.

"What?" I ask and he shakes his head. "Nothing, it's nothing. I guess ten years ago was a prime time for people to be hurt." he mutters and I tilt my head to the side, not knowing what he meant by that. Was he suggesting that he went through the same pain I did? I prayed that he didn't.

"We need to find a way to bring out your powers. It's possible, but it's going to be hard to do. Are you alright with that?" he asks me, completely changing the subject and I sigh, nodding my head. "I want this to be over with now. I'm tired of fighting." I say sadly and he gives me a sympathetic look.

"I know you are." he whispers, bending down and picking something off the ground. "It looks like Seth left this after all." he muses, my eyes travelling down to the tiara he had in his hand. My tiara.

"I guess so." I murmur, taking the tiara from his hands and placing it on my head. "There, now it looks like everything is alright, doesn't it?" I ask him, giving him a smile and he smiles back at me sadly.

"I don't like that fake smile of yours, Rose." he says and I look down at the ground, my eyes focusing on the grass. "I'll smile when this is all over and I don't have to deal with my past." I say and he puts a finger under my chin, making me look up at him.

"You can't give in to them. That's what they want you to do. You have to stay strong through all of this and continue to be happy. Because if you aren't, then they've already won this fight." Harry says to me and my eyes widen.

He was right. If I gave in right now and stopped smiling, everyone in the Kingdom would know that something was wrong, and they'd be down on themselves as well, thinking that it was something that they did to displease me. I have to stay strong for everyone's sake, as well as mine. I can do this, I can win this fight.

I give Harry a smile again, this time more convincing than the other. He chuckles, smiling back at me with happiness sparkling in his eyes. "That's the smile I love." he says and I blush slightly.

We begin to walk back to the palace, knowing that we had been gone far too long. If anyone noticed us gone, there would be talk going around, and that was the last thing that we needed.

"Harry?" I ask, turning my head to him as we walked. He shot me a sideways glance, his eyebrow lifting up curiously. "Hmm?" he asks and I bite my lip nervously.

"You really don't mind that I'm a half-breed?" I ask and he turns his head to me, a smile on his face. "Not at all. As I said before, I think that they are more valuable. Besides, you're special Rose. You should be happy with who you are. Because I'm happy with it, so you should be too. Besides, a person can't help who they were born as, so they should be the first ones to accept it. The circumstances of one's birth is irrevelant, because it's what you do with your life that defines who you are, not what race you are. Even as much as you'd like to, you can't change who you are. But I wouldn't want to change you, Rose, because you're pretty damn amazing." he says and I can't help but smile.

"Thank you Harry." I whisper, a blush on my cheeks as we continue to go towards the palace. My eyes were finally clearing up, so there wouldn't be any questions asked to why I was crying.

We did receive some strange looks from everyone as we walked through the streets, hand in hand, going back to the palace. I guess no one would expect us to be going places alone, especially at a time like this.

As we reach the palace, two guards open the doors for us, letting us walk in. I thank them before the doors close behind us. "You better go get changed before your parents see you." Harry whispers and I nod, going to the stairs and quickly walking up them, my eyes trained on the ground so that I wouldn't fall down.

I would get dressed, but I have something else on my mind at the moment. Turning around and seeing Harry still at the bottom of the stairs, I wave to him to catch his attention.

"I'll be out in about fifteen minutes! I need to freshen up!" I tell him and he nods his head in understanding, looking around before pointing towards the library. "I'll be in the library until you finish." he says and I nod my head, smiling at him until he disappears from sight.

My smile fades whenever he's out of my sight and I walk back into my room, closing my door firmly behind me before sitting on my bed, holding my pendant in my hand. It began to glow, the red gleam shining throughout my room.

"Reyna." I say and her figure appears before me, a small smile on her face. "What is it, Princess?" she asks me and I take a deep breath, looking at her seriously. It's time I took this war into my own hands.

"I need your help."

How'd you like this chapter? :D There was some pretty deep stuff in here haha xD And Rose is getting serious now! What do you think is going to happen? I'd love your opinions!! Please continue to Comment and Vote! xx