Chapter 18

"Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look past the imperfections."

Rose's POV:

It was finally three in the afternoon the following day, just as I was about to get bored out of my mind. The whole day was completely boring, filled with ridiculous bath treatments and things like that to make my 'skin glow' as Celeste put it, and more beauty prepping.

I was sick of it and I was glad that I was able to finally start preparing to get ready.

Celeste and Debra would be helping me get ready today, especially Celeste because she wanted to see the dress on me before anyone else. I knew that's what she would do, she's always done that, so I didn't complain at all. I was just anxiously waiting until they showed up in my room and told me that I could start getting ready.

And that was now.

Celeste practically barged into my room with a huge smile on her face, Debra following in behind her with an equally big smile. "It's time!!" Celeste cheers happily and I shake my head with a smile at her enthusiasm.

"It's about time you showed up! I was so bored!" I whined and she laughs, shaking her head at me with a smile. "Don't blame me! We had to fight off Harry!" she says and I tilt my head to the side in confusion.

"What?" I ask and both Celeste and Debra exchange smirks with one another before Debra closes the door behind her. Celeste just continues to smirk at me while Debra makes me sit down on the bed.

"He was trying to come out of his room to sneak in here, the naughty boy. We had to fight him off, he can be such a whiny little boy." Celeste says and I can't help but laugh. I can actually imagine Harry whining about not seeing me, his bottom lip pouting as he's scolded and he sulks back into his room.

"He's a little kid at heart." I say and Celeste nods her head. "Well, I think everyone here is." she teases and we all giggle before she takes out a stool, making me sit down on it, facing away from the mirror so that I couldn't see myself.

"No peeking until you're done." Debra says to me with a wink and I roll my eyes with a smile, nodding to her as she started on my makeup. Celeste began to do my hair, curling it and doing all sorts of fancy things that I never bother with.

It takes Debra about thirty minutes to do my makeup before she steps back with a proud smile. "That's perfect!" she says happily, clearly pleased with her work before putting the makeup back on my dresser where it belonged.

I tried to turn around so I could see my reflection, but the back of my head got slapped by Celeste and I yelped out in shock. "What was that for?" I whine, frowning up at her while she gave me an amused look.

"No peeking, Princess. You should know this by now." she teases me and I laugh, gently shaking my head as she grabs yet another piece of my hair, working on it.

It ends up taking Celeste an hour and a half to finish my hair, and by the time she's done I'm nearly jumping up and down because of restlessness. "Just calm down, I just have to pin back this one last piece, then we can put your dress on." she says, holding my hair before I feel something being placed in it, holding it still.

"There, you're done." she says, standing back to approve her work, which she does with a nod. "Now, lets get you in your dress." she says happily, clapping her hands as she leaves the room for a moment.

I was about to peek behind me when I caught Debra's glare. "Don't do it." she warns me and I pout, letting out a huff and standing up, stretching out.

Celeste comes back in with the most gorgeous dress I've ever seen. It was a beautiful red dress that had white lace trim on the edges. It was strapless, and it puffed out at the bottom a bit, and it had little white rose patterns on the bottom. It was beautiful.