Chapter 24

"Faith is the art of holding on to things in spite of your changing moods and circumstances."

Rose's POV:

We were still in the field and I had just now stopped crying. Harry must've been holding me for ages, but he didn't complain once. I'm really grateful for that too, because I needed someone to hold me.

"Rose." Harry whispers softly and I take a step back, looking him in the eyes. "I'm sorry Harry. I'm so sorry I never told you anything before. I'm sorry for everything!" I say regretfully, hanging my head in shame.

"Hey, hey, hey, shh babe, don't worry about that." he says gently, cupping my chin and tilting it up so that I was looking back at his face. "But Harry, I didn't tell you." I say and he gives me a soft smile.

"I didn't ask. Plus, I haven't told you things either." he says and I blink a few times, processing his words. So I'm not the only one with secrets? And he still doesn't know it all either.

"Don't worry about it. I would love to know more about you, but I'm not going to pressure you into anything." he says and I sniffle. "You don't care that I'm...a demon?" I ask him and he shakes his head. Well, half demon at least.

"No, because you don't look like a demon and you definitely don't act like one. You aren't the same as they are, Rose. You need to understand that now." he says to me and I nod my head slowly.

"Okay Harry..." I say, trailing off because I know how much information I'm withholding from him. "I do have one question for you that I'd like to have you answer." he says and I tilt my head to the side, my heart beating with anticipation at the thought of his question.

"What is it Harry?" I ask him, my nerves taking over me as he takes a deep breath.

"What did Seth mean when he called you a half-breed?" he asks me and my heart stops for a moment, my face paling and my eyes widening. He's going to hate me...he's really going to hate me.

"It's...it's just as he says, Harry." I whisper, looking down at the ground as I feel his arms fall down to his side. I can tell that he wasn't truly expecting for me to say it...that I was really a half-breed.

"I'm a half-breed, Harry." I say and everything falls into complete silence. I stand there with my head bowed as I can feel Harry's gaze on me, not sure of what to say. The wind softly blows through the field, that being the only sound we could hear.

"That...that doesn't matter." he says finally and I look up, my watery eyes filled with sadness as I saw his conflicted gaze.

"I'm just as Seth said I was Harry!! I'm not worth it!" I say sadly and he shakes his head at me. "No, don't say that. You're worth everything Rose. Just because you're a half-breed doesn't mean that you aren't the most amazing person I've ever met. You aren't like them Rose, you're different." he tells me, grabbing my shoulders to look me in the eyes.

"I've told you before that I think half-breeds are more valuable than others because they have combined powers. That's you. You are more valuable to me than any of the pure breeds." he tells me and I offer him a small smile.

"Harry, I don't have powers. It's obvious that I don't. If I did, I've lost them." I say and he shakes his head. "You never lose your powers, they are just hidden within you. You just need something strong to pull it back out." he says and something clicks in my mind, my eyes widening as I remembered Reyna.

'I only help your kind. I can enhance your powers whenever you need me to...'

Reyna's words rang through my brain as I finally realized what she meant. She could be my ticket to gain back that power, if I even wanted it. The only way I'd be able to reach the power within me was by having Reyna help me.

"You really think so Harry? You aren't lying to me?" I ask him and he nods his head to me. "I won't lie to you Rose. I think you're valuable and I want to protect you. Even if you are half-demon...I know you're different." he says and I give him a small smile.

"Do you know your other half?" he inquires and I look down at my feet, knowing that this was a dangerous topic. Whenever I was adopted, I was told to never tell anyone who I really was. The only ones who know are me, my mother and my father. They are the only two people who know how dangerous a mix like myself could be.

That's why I was kept away from any magical being when I was younger, my parents didn't want to risk the chance of me being unleashed.

"I do." I murmur and he nods his head, obviously waiting for me to speak up. "What is it?" he asks me and I shake my head.

"I can't say." I tell him and he frowns. I look up at him with nervous eyes and he just gives me a confused look. "Why can't you say? I won't hold anything against you, you know that by now." he says hurt and I nod my head.

"I know that, I-I have just been warned to never tell anyone, because it could be dangerous." I tell him and he frowns at me. "There are hardly any dangerous combinations of breeds. I don't think that you would be falling under one of those." he says and I sigh.

"Harry, it's not a very good topic. I don't want you to be scared away or think of me differently." I warn him and he gives me a smile.

"No matter what you tell me, Princess, nothing is going to make me want to leave. I'm here to stay and I mean it. I won't leave you just because of who your parents are." he tells me and I take a deep breath, nodding my head. I hope he doesn't change his mind.

"Okay, I'll tell you." I say and he smiles at me, anticipating what I will be telling him. I don't think this is what you want Harry. But I'll tell you anyways, since that is what you want...and because you are the only person I can trust now.

"I'm also...half vampire." I say and I feel like the world has stopped.

Harry's eyes are wide in both shock and fear as he stares at me, his face completely drained of color.

So, Rose is a half-breed. But she's a special kind of half-breed. Can any of you take a guess at what may be coming up because of this? If so, I'd love to hear! Please continue to Comment and Vote, I love hearing from you guys!!