Chapter 28

"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That is how far the world is from where I am. One. Bad. Day."

Rose's POV:

Harry and I began to maneuver through the palace, passing by maids running around in panic. We didn't care about questioning them anymore, all we cared about was getting out of the palace to fight. We were right at the bottom of the stairs when I heard my name being shouted from my right. Turning my head, I see Queen Anna running towards me, panic written across her face.

"Princess! You have to get out of here, you need to be safe! The Kingdom is under attack by creatures of the dark." she says rushed and Harry and I exchange a knowing look. It must be demons...that means Seth is probably here. "Mother, I need to do this. I have to help out my Kingdom the best that I can. I can't run away anymore." I tell her and tears come to her eyes.

"Rosalie, I don't want you to get hurt." she whispers, taking my hands in hers as I give her a smile, trying to look strong for my mother. I can't let anyone else down, I've done enough of that in the past. It was my time to be strong now. "I can't be hurt anymore." I tell her surely and she squeezes my hands and nods her head to me, before letting them go and turning to Harry.

Before she could speak, however, another blast echoed throughout the palace, the shaking increasing and I nearly fell to the ground, but Harry grabbed both of our arms to keep us from falling. I could hear more people screaming and shouts coming from the guards.

"Harry, take care of her. Stay with her and protect her, you hear me?" my mother orders him hurriedly and he nods his head, and for a moment I saw uncertainty flash in his eyes, but it was gone in a blink of an eye.

"Yes, my Queen. Now you must go. Get your husband and please hide. Get away from the palace if you can." Harry urges her and she nods her head, calling for assistance and instantly two guards are by her side, leading her away to safety.

"Rosalie, we are going to the secret safe house down past the garden. We are going away for now, but if you need to hide, you will come there. No one knows of it besides the four of us. Understand?" she tells me before she is led off and I nod my head, watching as she nods to me and runs off with the guards, getting away from this madness.

Harry turns his head to me, noticing my long dress. "It's time you got changed." he tells me and I nod, turning around and rushing up the stairs, tripping I don't know how many times, but I got to my room as quickly as I could, throwing the door open and going inside.

I threw on my red v neck along with my black skirt, the material feeling a lot more comfortable now as it swept across my thighs. I swiftly put on my boots and put my tiara down on the dresser, knowing that I wouldn't be needing it at the moment.

I ran back out of my room just as another explosion boomed, it nearly knocking me to the ground, but I grabbed the railing quickly, keeping my balance. This time I saw the rooms on the other side of where I was standing burst into flames, a gaping hole in the wall from the blast. I gasped, seeing debris flying everywhere and the flames engulfing the palace. I ran down the stairs, tears in my eyes as I thought of my home being burned down.

I have to stop this...I have to stop this. This can't happen, not now.

Reaching the bottom of the stairs, I saw Harry angrily looking at the flames on the second floor. "Harry!" I call and his head snaps over to me, before he runs to me, grabbing my hand as we run out of the palace.

Another blast exploded, making me put my free hand over my head as I felt heat coming from the palace. Looking over my shoulder, my eyes widened as I saw the palace being bombarded by demons, obviously specializing in fire, blasting the palace and burning it. They were laughing as they did so, obviously enjoying the chaos that they were bringing to us.

"No." I whisper sadly before I'm tugged away from the scene, Harry and I running through the streets to get away from it. Passing by screaming people and burning buildings, Harry and I made our way towards the center. 

I let out a gasp whenever I saw another demon explode another building, a large piece of it flying off and crushing a person as they tried to get away. My eyes were wide as I saw the blood seeping out from under the massive part of the building and I tried not to gag as I turned my head the other way, continuing to run with Harry.

We reached the center of the town, which was now mostly abandoned, few people still running away from this sudden destruction.

"Harry, what do you want to do now? We obviously can't just sit here and watch this happen!" I shout, my emotions going into overdrive as I saw my home, the place that finally accepted me, be burned to the ground.

"I know Rose! Calm down, we are going to fight!" he tells me, just as another blast echoes through the town. I clench my fists together, my body shaking in anger and fear as I stand here and watch everything I know and love be destroyed. "You can't expect me to just calm down!" I scream, my body slightly shaking as the chaos around us got worse. Harry looked like he was about to say something to me, but I cut him off quickly.

"I'm doing something now!" I yell, looking around until I saw a demon, too busy burning down a building to notice me, so I charged him, ignoring Harry's shout of protest. Coming up to him, I ducked my shoulder and slammed into him, knocking him to the ground as he lets out a yelp of surprise. Obviously, he wasn't expecting someone to interrupt him.

Well he's wrong about that.

I get off of him, watching as he gets to his feet, glaring at me. "You little-" he starts but I cut him off, punching him in the face as hard as I could. I know that my powers were still hidden within me and Reyna said that she would only help in dire situations, so I was on my own.

But that doesn't mean that I have to stand by and let these demons get their way, not when I could put up some sort of a fight.

The demon held his mouth with his hand, looking at the blood trickling down his lips before growling at me. He came at me, tackling me to the ground and making me skid across the rocks, the rocks tearing up as his strength broke through them.

When he let me go, he got off of me, a smug smile on his lips as he watched me struggle to move. I knew that my back was bleeding, I could feel it, and I was hurting from his strength, but there was no way that I was going down that easily.

I slowly got up, stumbling as I did, and faced this demon with a glare. "Rose!" Harry's voice made both of us turn our heads, watching as he came sprinting over towards us, his eyes narrowed angrily at the demon.

"Ah sh-" the demon starts, but Harry cuts him off by plowing into him, taking the demon to the ground before grabbing him by the collar, lifting him above Harry's head and throwing him clear across the center of town.

The demon finally hit the ground, tumbling and rolling on the ground before slamming into a wall, making it crumble as a cloud of dust puffed up at the impact. When the dust cleared, I could see the demon against the wall, his eyes closed, unconscious.

"Rose." Harry says concerned and I turn to him, watching as he comes to me with worried eyes, putting both his hands on my shoulder and looking me in the eyes. "Are you okay?" he asks me and I nod my head, a smile on my face.

"I'm fine, Harry. It's about time that I start to fight as well. I can't keep making you do everything for me, it's time I started doing something as well." I say and he gives me a concerned smile. "I don't want you to get hurt." he tells me and I tilt my head to the side.

"Why? Everyone is going to get hurt. Why don't you want me to? What's so special about me?" I ask and he cups my face, gently pressing his lips to mine before pulling back, smiling at me gently.

"It's because I love you, Rose."

Wrong time for him to say that or just the right moment? Haha, it's getting heated up now! I can't wait for you guys to know what happens next haha!! What do you think is going to happen? I'd love to hear your opinions!!