04

______________________

An incessant alarm began to ring as I looked at the face. He didn't look concerned but I sure was. It was annoying and the fact that I was a few meters under water didn't help.

His memorable features stared into mine as his hands ran through my hair and landed on my cheeks and then leaned in to kiss me and then—

My eyes opened abruptly when I finally realized that the alarm in my dream was in fact my alarm. I groaned in annoyance but also relief knowing that I didn't have to go through yesterday again.

But yet not a relief knowing he will probably be plaguing my dreams quite often now. I rolled over in my bed that is almost too comfortable for my own good and slammed my hand down on the off button.

"Ughhh," I groaned loudly into my pillow.

"Awake?" My dad popped his head through the door with an annoying smile. How could anyone possibly be positive on this awful morning?

Morning people are just a drag on humanity. The "Lets go run ten thousand miles and drink kale juice!" people. That's my dad. One time he literally made me eat straight up kale for breakfast.. no juice. Just kale. See my struggle?

"Unfortunately," I mumbled from beneath my pillow.

"Good! I made pancakes." He smirked and I heard him walk down the stairs.

My father sure knows what motivates me.

I sat up and stared into my closet trying to mentally prepare my outfit.

I stood up and threw on my ripped dark jeans and a striped top with a flannel over it. I straightened my hair and put on some light makeup.

I skipped down the stairs actually in a good mood for pancakes when I realized there was a boy sitting in my chair eating my pancakes.

"Um—" I stopped in my tracks, one foot still on the last stair.

"What the heck are you doing here.. eating my pancakes." I eyed the blue eyed white haired boy sitting smitten in my kitchen chatting it up with my dad.

Bitch bouta get slapped.

"I'm taking you to school." He smiled, "Tom here offered me pancakes.. there's only one left.. sorry." Fin looked at me and trailed off after his very lame apology and he used my dads first name.

"Oh, Did you Tom?" I squinted at my dad who was simply laughing at me.

"I didn't know you made a friend?" My embarrassing father stated out loud.

Oh my god, Fin should've let me drown.

"Okay, you know what? We're leaving." I stomped over to Fin who laughing and also trying to appear innocent all the while my pancakes were comfortably resting in his stomach and I grabbed his wrist and dragged him out the door.

"I'm not done with you either, Tom!" I yelled out at my dad from the door and slammed it shut.

I marched into his car as Fin took his sweet time.