10

______________________

Alice POV

I awoke as we pulled into a motel, the night had taken over the skies and the moon shone bright, giving a light glow to everything.

A blinking neon sign said, TownHouse Motel. I was shaking with the chills and I noticed my arm had grown purple and blue around it, the veins were extremely noticeable as the blood dried.

I spotted Fin outside standing at the check-in. I clutched my head as pain throbbed through.

I heard Fin open the door and I stood sloppily. He wrapped his fingers around my waist to steady me and pulled me close as he grabbed some bag from the back and we walked together to the room.

"How long have we been driving," I asked, my voice still hoarse from the deep sleep I'd fallen in and shaky from my chattering teeth.

"About half the day," he said as he turned the knob to the room. He set me down carefully on the bed and I laid back into the covers.

"You should take a shower," he told me, "it might help." He went for the door.

"Where are you going," I croaked out.

"I'll be back in half an hour," he told me. He left the creepy room with me inside. I stumbled over to the door and locked it.

I may never admit it.. ever. But I was scared of the dark. And today I'd like to think I had a good reason too.

I walked over to the bathroom and did exactly as Fin advised me to, I took a warm shower. The water dripping onto my cuts was painful as hell and it made me want to scream.

But If I didn't clean it the least bit it would get infected. I washed away the dry blood and rinsed my hair.

I stepped out of the shower feeling a bit better. The shivering had luckily slowed down a bit, I wrapped a towel around me and realized I didn't have any clean clothes.

We'd been in such a hurry after Ami hurt me that I didn't have time to grab clothes. I remembered I saw Fin grab a bag from his truck so maybe he brought something I could change into.

I opened the door to the bathroom and was extremely surprised to see the wrong set of blue eyes.

"Poseidon," I said a little too quiet.

His arm rested against the wall, he peered through the window. His eyes were still that light silvery blue and his hair was darker than the night outside of this very room.

His stare met the hand that currently pressed the towel to my body. I clenched it harder.

"What're you doing here," I said following his which eyes met my forearm and I was surprised at the smirk that filled his lips. "How did you get in here I locked the door."

He stalked towards me, his feet taking in each large step until suddenly he was right before me.

His hand reached up to cup my face, a weird feeling met the skin behind my ear. Something cold and sharp.

"Poseidon," I said once more. I wanted him to stop. But did you really? I asked myself.

Then his eyes flickered a seaweed shade of green.. "What the—" then I realized the thing behind my ear was a claw.

The eyes before me faded away and then all of a sudden the skin switched piece by piece. As if it flipped over to change its appearance.

Ami's snake like eyes were now facing me and her sharp features made me cower in fear.