07

______________________

Alice POV

He missed school yesterday, and the day before. Not like I'm used to seeing him there since he's only been there all of four days of which I've been present for one of them. So now it's Saturday and I've been letting my mind create extremely irrational ideas and run off into the sunset with them.

He shouldn't have done that.

Who just kisses a complete stranger, only minutes after telling them your name.

He's an idiot. I will confront him.

I glared down at my tattered journal that rested in my cold hands. I wanted this collection of paper to solve all my problems, as if writing it down would help rid me of the complications that flooded my life.

I sighed and snapped it shut, the leather cover wrapping closed and the leather bookmark with an anchor charm resting at the end of it hung slightly out of the pages.

I looked up at the lighthouse I was currently sitting in. I found this place only a few days ago, and I've come here almost everyday considering the fact that Fin as well has been absent.

What the hell.

I stood up and stuck the journal in my bag, the ocean facing me. I climbed down the skinny ladder and jumped off at the end when I hit ground.

I opened the door and walked out. I then realized I had no way to get home. Walking it is. Great.

After walking a couple miles into town I spotted a very familiar black Camero with white racing stripes. I stood at the opposite side of the street staring into the old bar with a blinking and broken neon sign which read, "Jane's Saloon."

I breathed in a deep breath through my nostrils and began to strut across the slow paced street. I walked into the bar, doused in confidence.

I saw him there, his back was towards me, His black hair even darker in the poor lighting of the bar. A smoldering smirk was plastered on his face and a blonde baboon shown off like a trophy by his side.

And people wonder why I have trust issues.

I noticed a black tattoo etched into his skin that I hadn't before. Only a bit of it revealed by his shirt, three separate pronged lines.

I took in a breath of air as betraying tears threatened to fall. I walked calmly towards the pool table he was playing on. The girl next to him was partially naked, I felt like a knife was plunged into my back.

"Hey," I grabbed the eight ball on his table and slid it into a ton of other balls around it messing up their whole game. "Remember me? The girl you begged to kiss you. Yeah, hi." I said making sure to be loud enough so his blonde temporary entertainment would hear including whoever he was playing with.

He didn't make eye contact, he simply clenched his jaw and started to set up a new game.

"Is this what you do to girls? Stalk them, kiss them and then leave?" I asked.

He looked up at me. His eyes now a dark shade of grey. He stepped closer to me, "It was a mistake," another step, "I don't like you," another step, "and I sure as hell don't want to kiss you," a look of disgust filled his face.