18

So yikes worst updater ever... I LEGIT LEFT YALL AT THE WORST PART IM SO SORRY. I've honestly been so busy and lazy I'm not even gonna lie. I'm so sorry you guys but from joining a new school, to making friends and just helping my parents out life has been hectic!! Here's a little recap of what happened in the last few chapters:

Poseidon invited Alice out to eat where he answered her questions about amphitrite, Fin, and her being his fated love. Out of desire and lack of self control, Poseidon took Alice home but was later basically cockblocked (lol) by one of his soldiers on an update on amphitrite!! He later enters his room to find Alice limp on the floor after passing out from the pain in her arm// without further ado, here's an update for you all:
_____________________

Poseidon's POV

Of course he would interrupt us, for something as stupid as an update on fucking Amphitrite.. I could care less about her, all I want to do is ruin her for hurting my Alice.

I slipped up the stairs and found the door where she resides. I had to calm myself, I placed my hand on the door handle and clenched my teeth and breathed in.

One day she's gonna make go crazy. Even her scent makes my head spin.

I pushed down on the handle and bit my lip as I stepped into my room, and suddenly I realized something was very wrong.

Not just by her limp body on the floor but the way her breathing was so slowed I had to squint to notice it.

I felt a rush of emotion, like I'd been punched in the stomach.. it was something I'd never felt before, as if I've ever even felt feelings at all.

I think after you live for more than a thousand years you begin to numb to stupid things like love, but this girl was so different.

Every move she made I made note of it, every hitch in her breath every lip she took beneath her teeth, it didn't go unnoticed.

I took hold of her tiny frame and held her in my arms, one arm below her neck and the other under her legs.

Her hair cascaded off of my arm as she laid there silently, she was hurting. I looked at her arm, cursing myself for not being able to help her, heal her.

"You're not good for anything," my fathers voice blasted through my thoughts.

Her lips were slightly opened, her breathing stunted and her palms gleaming with sweat I knew she needed help, medicine or something that could save her.

I rushed outside down the wealth consumed hallways and to my car, I laid her gently in the passenger seat and buckled her in, then appeared in the drivers seat.

I started the car and sped out of Zeus's home, my wheels cracking on the gravel as I rushed out of there, knowing that if I spent one more second of her out cold without being able to help her I would explode.

My arms felt like they could carry the world as I ran through this bloody forest, leaves crunching beneath my feet.

I held her closer than she'd like me to, if she was conscious of course. I could hear her breath slowing, I could feel myself losing that euphoric feeling I'd had ever since I met Alice, my θεά.