11

______________________

Alice POV

I stepped out into the halls looking both ways for any sign of life but there was none. The soft carpet on my bare-feet was soothing none the less but a sudden fear of facing Poseidon left me feeling discomfort.

I turned down a couple set of hallways only to find that they all appeared to be the exact same as the ones before. I turned one more and groaned at the similarity to the others.

If he wanted me to go crazy before whatever Ami did to my arm kills me than I guess his mission has been accomplished.

"Lost?" An accented voice asked me from the opposite wall. He leant against the fancy wooded wall and a corner of his mouth was tilted up slightly.

His hair was a dirty blonde, something along the lines of sandy colors. His eyes were blue but unlike Poseidon's you could actually look into them without feeling something.

"No," I stood up quickly and hid my hurt arm.

"Darling, no sense lying to me." He took a step closer and it wasn't as intimidating as I thought It would be.

"Who are you," I asked him.

"I am Zeus," he smiled, "I see you've made my brother quite distraught with your tantalizing tactics." His accent was unidentifiable but his words were what caught me off guard.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him.

"Oh you know, just the fact that you're his fated love and he thinks you hate him." He stood with his arms crossed over his waist. Fated love?

"What do you mean fated love," I asked itching to know his answer.

"Oh he didn't tell you?" He took a step closer, "You're his θεά. You see all God's despite how awful we are have a special fated love, we call it a θεά. Mine has downright rejected me so I've decided to pry into you and Poseidon's little affair."

Maybe thats what Poseidon meant when he said that I was his after he'd saved me on the beach, but honestly fated love was simply a word. I had a choice in the matter and I wouldn't choose him if he chose to reject me like he did in that bar.

He placed a hand on my lower back and guided me to walk, "Walk with me, darling." He said calmly.

We walked down a few hallways when finally a banister and stair case emerged. He guided me downstairs and through a large door which led to the garden I'd seen earlier.

White roses flooded the area, it was beautiful honestly.

"Are white roses your favorite?" I asked him breaking the silence we'd previously walked in.

"No.." the ends of his mouth lifted up, "They're Nora's," he looked at me. I didn't know who she was but I assumed it was his.. fated love or however you call it. And it also meant this was Zeus's home.

"How do you know.." he looked at me, "if it's your fated love I mean," I asked him.

"You can feel them, smell them even. Hear the way their chest rises and falls.. it's quite intoxicating really." He appeared sad almost.