19

Hello everyone! Here is the update you've all been waiting for!! I'm so sorry for being inactive I've been traveling and spending time with my family!

I'm really so sorry, there's no good excuse for my inactivity but life just gets busy and my writing gets pushed to the very back of my list of things to do!! I appreciate all of your support and love of Poseidon's Girl and I hope you enjoy this next chapter!

Recap of last chapter since it's been so long: Alice passed out in Poseidon's bedroom due to the injury on her arm from amphitrite! Poseidon takes her to the one and only person he knows could try to save her or heal her! Asclepius injects her with a serum meant to read Alice's blood and identify what's causing her infection, Poseidon is left to comfort Alice as she fades back to unconsciousness.

I love you all so much and appreciate you all taking the time to read my story!! Here's chapter 19:

_____________________

Alice POV

I couldn't feel a thing, but I knew I was somewhere I'd never been before. I could feel the mere existence of my body on a hard surface but actual feeling of my arms, legs, waist, and everything else was simply numb.

It began to send a wave of panic up my throat.

I commanded my brain to open my eyes but it was slow to react, I could feel the anxiety rising and I could hear the faint sound of what seemed to be hissing.

I clenched my eyes shut in pain as the wound in my arm pulsed relentlessly, the only part below my neck that wasn't numb. I tried to move my head to view my forearm to analyze it, I could barely move my neck to view the purple and blue and red blistering wound settled into my skin.

I laid my head back down gently and tried to prevent myself from hyperventilating.

"Okay," I mumbled to myself, "okay I'm okay." I took in a heap of air, "I'm okay," I breathed out. "I'm.... not okay," I clenched my eyes shut.

"4,7,8," I mumbled out loud, a method my mother had taught me as a little girl, her voice replaying in my head, "Breath in for four seconds, hold it for seven, and release for eight." Her smile flashing through my eyes like a faint picture that was fogged over, barely visible.

"They're only envious for that which they do not have," her somehow always elegant voice gently whispered into my ear.. as a littler version of myself let tears stream down her face in horror as her friends on the playground excluded her.

After reminiscing in my long gone past, I finally realized the hissing had grown in sound. I tried to crane my neck back and see into the room behind me, but the only glimpse I could gather was the glass ceiling and what appeared to be cages.

I scrunched my eyes shut as I attempted to sit up from the cold table beneath me.

I groaned in pain as my whole body felt like it was simply a shell of the old me, a shell merely made up of pain and soreness.

I could barely control where I went, and suddenly a jolt of even more pain — which I'd rendered impossible to feel considering the extreme amount I'd already been dealt — crawled through my body as my palms hit the floor, I looked up at the metal surface I'd previously been perched on from the cold floor I now was sprawled onto.