14

Word count: 1778

______________________

Alice POV

I could feel the grease sewn into their skin slowly soak into my bruises as they held me firmly down in the chair.

I pulled as hard as I could, barely moving them an inch as their large figured towered over my seated one.

"I'd like to know," Amphitrite paced the room, "how this tiny, incompetent, weak little child managed to lock you in her cell," she hissed out at the blonde haired man before her.

I sat in the back of the room, in a lonely chair placed in between the two walls on either side of me. A man on each side, holding me down.

Amphitrite paced before her desk, her face towards me as she scolded the man who'd tortured me in that room.

His back was to me but I was almost delighted to know he was actually the underdog in this situation and he was also being yelled at.

Almost delighted.

After she saw me stupidly staring into her office I ran and two guards wrapped their filthy paws around my arms and forced me in here. Only a few minutes later my torturer was escorted in by the messy army I'd seen in the hall.

I was so close to at least a sliver of a chance of finding my way out of this hell hole. I knew Ami was in fact Amphitrite, I mean why else would she hate me so lividly unless I was the one her husband left her for.

Zeus told me I was Poseidon's fated love.. after thousands of years he's been searching for me and I'm sure her anger has built up just a tad.. and now that she's finally got me I doubt she'll let the chance slide.

"She got out of the ropes somehow.." he trailed off. Honestly he was a coward, I could see it in the way he hung his head.

He had such a delight in hurting me, but in the real world you could tell he reeked of cowardliness.

"Somehow," she bobbed her head in anger. She stopped pacing and stood before him, her arms crossed.

Suddenly a hand flew against his cheek, not near enough of what he deserves but Amphitrite was obviously his boss, meaning she ordered him to hurt me.

She deserved to be locked up.. but that wasn't happening anytime soon.

I saw the claws regress back into her fingers, just like at the school.

"You cut me," his hand wiped blood from his cheek.

I saw her grab a cup of something and splash him with it. He yelled in pain, "You know that stings like a bitch!" He wiped his now healed cheek.

"Either you start to die like that little bitch over there," she motioned towards me, "or you suck your way through the pain of me healing you. Your pick."

She had the cure to the infection on my arm.. she'd done something to it and she was apparently the one who knew how to heal it.. just my luck.