16

[this picture will make sense a few minutes into the chapter]

I've come to a conclusion to not change my book cover but thanks to everyone commenting on it!!

Word count: 1880

_____________________

I woke up exceptionally warm, not like the hot and sweaty warm.. more like it was snowing outside and I'd hidden behind the covers and the heat accumulated next to my body warm.

I liked it.

My eyes drifted open more and I realized a large hairy arm was tossed over my body like a grizzly bear would and his hair was so disheveled it was like a raging sea..

Ironic, no?

I sat up after carefully placing his arm where my head once was without waking him and studied his features for a minute, I wouldn't usually do this mostly because that would be considered staring and that's something I prefer not to be caught doing.

I looked at his thick eyebrows that framed his chiseled face, his relaxed jawline which was normal as sharp as a knife. His beautiful blue eyes were hidden behind his eyelids and his chest rose and fell like a baby.

He looked peaceful.

"You know," his rough voice startled me, "it isn't nice to stare." He snuck a hand onto my thigh and left it there.. his voice was so thick and rough.

"I wasn't staring." I pushed his hand off and stood up.. if anything I felt strange. I'd never shared a bed with anyone.. especially not someone like Poseidon.

I wanted to leave his view as quickly as possible, I snagged a quick look at my appearance and then rushed out the door and down the hall and into the kitchen.

Just then it hit me.. my dad!?

I scrambled to find a phone. I ran across the room looking for a kitchen phone or anything really. I saw a white iPhone resting on the dining table as I quickly snatched it up and dialed my dads number.

I bit my nails nervously as it rang, to be honest I'd had no idea how many days it has been until now realizing it was Friday and he might've been calling all this time with no word from me since I called him on Monday.

"Hello?" I heard his gentle voice speak through the phone.

"Hey dad!" I said cheerfully.. "how have you been?" I asked him.