20

Asclepius ^

AN UPDATE? COULD IT BE??? Yes please ready this chapter is so good

_____________________

Poseidon POV

It was all too quiet. The beeping of the monitor Alice was connected to made my heart race. I cannot fucking wait any longer.

I stared at her lips, her red, supple lips. Her hair... indescribably beautiful, and I couldn't stand her and watch her in pain.

That horrible creature made her condition worsen.. when I returned to the house I found her shriveled up on the cold floor surrounded by Sapien, I was quite surprised at not finding her swallowed whole by him...

He had sat there, in slithering silence, almost like he was waiting for me to appear.

So now she is in this room, hooked up to this machine as we wait in silence for the results on the serum to come out. I stood in the corner of her room, clenching and unclenching my fist, attempting to prevent me smashing that monitor between my palms.

The room was bright, the walls an eggshell white with white window sills and white curtains, but green vines covered the room. I was unsure as to why but considering Asclepius's obsession with snakes I knew the ordinary wasn't really apart of this castle of a home.

I could hear her breathing from here.. so faint and so subtle. I was beginning to become cautious. The way I was pacing around the room and the beads of concerned sweat filling my palms and forehead were too much for Asclepius to believe that Alice was my relative.

I had to make sure he doesn't find out what she really was to me.

I take one good long look at Alice, and closed my eyes shut. I listened to her breathing, committed it to memory.

I took a step towards the door and placed my hot hand on the handle, my eyes found their way back to her.. like they always do.

Her whole being consumed me.

I hated it and couldn't get enough at the same time. And just like that I left her, left her in hopes to save her from him.

I got into my car, and the wheels cracked along the rocky path. I knew what I needed to do.. I knew it would happen one day but never did I imagine it being to save Asclepius from murdering my θεά.

After all.. that's what I did to his.

I had to go get my leverage, I knew he would figure it all out soon.

_____________________

Alice POV

I sat in unbearable silence.

His green eyes stared me up and down, I felt as if he'd stepped over and violated me.. but in reality he hasn't moved an inch.

I kept my eyes down and stared at the soup before me. Mine was sloshy and some creme white color, where as his across the table was a lavish meal with vegetables and meats and even fruits scattered all around.