Prologue

If you have skipped the previous chapter, just go back and go through the MANDATORY READ part please! It's very important you do so

Also, remember that this is a culture-focused story rather than a religion-based one. However, I do not intend to use that as an excuse to misinterpret Islam.

 However, I do not intend to use that as an excuse to misinterpret Islam

...

The old man closed the book and fondly glanced at the precious girl in front of him.

"What do you think, bunny?" he asked, voice thick with affection.

"Prophet Musa (alayhi as-salam) was a brave man," thirteen year old Farrah, who had been completely awed by the tale he was telling her, concluded with a mesmerized look on her face.

"He sure was," he said, lightly flicking her nose.

Farrah placed her chin on her chubby hands and looked at her favourite uncle. "I wish I could meet him in person," she said, letting out a wistful sigh.

Her uncle Haroon chuckled with amusement. "When you go to Jannah you can."

Haroon Hussain hadn't been blessed with children of his own. But the moment he held Farrah for the first time in his arms - tiny, bundled and yelling - he knew he would never feel that longing again, because she would fill that void in his life.

She may have been his brother's child, but he didn't love her any less than his own.

Farrah smiled, a curve that tended to light up her chocolate brown eyes, and embraced her frail uncle. When she looked at him again, her heart clenched.

He looked so fragile, attached to all the machines and tubes. She wished she could stay with him longer, she loved hearing his stories. But Farrah knew her mother would serve her head for dinner if she were any more late.