T⃟h⃟e⃟ R⃟i⃟d⃟d⃟l⃟e⃟

Today's song...We Are Young- Fun^

On the very next day, I don't see To-Riddle. The entire day, I contemplate what he could possibly want from me, and what my brother has to do with it.

"Cassie?!" Angie (her full name's Angelina Travers. Pure-Blood.) asks, waving her hand in front of my face.

I snap out of my trance and turn to look at her, "What?"
"You've been distracted all day today. What's wrong?"

"Nothing, nothing," I declare, "I'm just...tired, I guess."

She narrows her eyes suspiciously but keeps her thoughts to herself. "Okay," she says, "Do you want to go to Hogsmeade with me today?"

"No," I answer shaking my head, "I think I'll just sleep the rest of the day."

Angie still looks suspicious, but she nods anyway, "Okay, then. I'll see you later, Cassie."

I didn't lie to Angie: I did sleep all day. But during the night, I avoided all human contact and hid in the second-floor bathroom, dreading the things to come.

So now, as I slowly make my way to the Astronomy Tower, I decide that rather than pitch myself right off the top of the tower (*cough* Dumbledore *cough*), I'll simply listen to what he has to say, then pitch myself off the top.

Solid plan.

Too soon, I make it to the Tower. I'm early, so I simply stand on the edge and stare at the stars in the sky. Tonight, Cassiopeia is very visible. The North Star, Polaris, points directly to my W-shaped constellation. Casssiopeia the Queen.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" a soft voice says from beside me.

I nod without looking at him, "It is."

He turns towards me, "Why is it that your entire family is named after stars and constellations?"

I smile, finally getting a chance to make this joke. "Well," I say, giggling slightly, "It's because we're out of this world!" I burst into laughter at this point, slapping my knee.

Tom, however, doesn't crack even a tiny smile. What a bore. My jokes are hilarious.

Sighing dejectedly, I give him the boring answer to his question, "It's a family tradition. The Blacks believe that they are above any other families, seeing as they are the purest living family. Thus, we are named after stars to show exactly how much we are above the others and how our family is 'infinite'."

(A/N Lol, Idk)

"That is simply fascinating. And...how and why do you know this?"

"My mum taught me about every single wizarding family. For what reason, I'll never know."

"...have you ever heard of my family?"

I think for a moment. Riddle isn't a pure name. Not even Half-bloods carry that name. He couldn't be a Muggle-born, though. Or, could he?

"No," I answer solemnly. I hesitate, before saying, "Riddle, are you Muggle-born?"

I expect him to yell at me. Or shoot deadly spells at me. Or maybe even just drop his wand and beat me with his hands. But instead, his right ring finger twitches, "I also thought that, for a long time," he holds up his hand and twirls the ring that sits on it, "But then I noticed this. It's not just a ring, see? It has this sign on it and I'm sure it belongs to pureblood royalty. I'm not sure which family it's from, but I was hoping you could tell me."