w̶e̶i̶r̶d̶

(Me too! Ugh, Voldemort is so annoying, I just can't with him. ^)

Today's song...i hate u, i love u- gnash (feat. Olivia O'Brien)

•••

The trip back to Hogwarts was a quiet one. Whenever we did talk, though, I called him 'Tommy', causing him to cross his arms and give me the silent treatment.

So now, as we sit in the Boys' Dormitory, with Tom giving one of his little speeches, he completely ignores everything I try to say and refuses to make any sort of contact with me.

I huff and cross my arms when he ignores my endless tapping on his arm. For some reason, Tom's bed is the softest and smells good, so I lie on his pillow and tune everything out.

What exactly is the function of those rubber duck things? The Muggles just invented them a year or two ago, and for the life of me, I can't figure it out. Are they for, um...you know what, I don't want to think about it, I ramble to myself.

I turn over on my right side, facing the opposite direction of the boys in the room. Did it just get darker outside, or is it just me?

Muggle cars are also very fascinating. Grandfather even said that he saw the first ever car race in France! I want to see a car race! How do they work, anyway? Is there a hole to in the floor of the car so you can move it with your feet? Is it run by enslaved squirrels? Hm. Maybe I might get a chance to take apart a car and see for myself...

Suddenly, the bed dips and I'm pulled out of my thoughts. Someone yawns and lies on their side, right beside me.

"What the hell?!" I whisper-shout to the culprit.

"Be quiet, will you?" Tom whispers in his *cough* sexy *cough* husky, sleepy voice, "I haven't slept in ages."

"Oh...erm, sorry."

He grunts in answer and turns over a bit more. He wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me close. Before I can think, I'm pressed firmly against him and I can feel every muscle in his lean body. It scares me how well my short, stubby body fits so perfectly with his long, lean one. If I didn't hate him so much, I could stay here forever.

"Tom...I know you haven't slept in a while, but um, personal space, please."

"No. Shut up. You're quite comfortable."

"..."

"Much better."

"Tom, I can't sleep in the Boys' Dormitory."

"You sleep in the Gryffindor Boys' Dormitory. What's the difference?"

Damn, he's right.

"Well...um, erm..."

"That's what I thought."

He surprises me by placing his face in the place where my neck and shoulder meet. I think he falls asleep because he doesn't say anything else and his chest moves at a steady pace.

•••

It's very early in the morning, and the sun has not even risen. During the night, his arm must've fallen, because I am free from his suffocating grip.