why am i still here

Because I love you, I have decided to make filler chapters of the moments you guys missed! Thank me later.🖤

The time Sirius learned he wasn't the only one:

There is only one decent person left in this family.

I always get excited when Aunt Cassie comes to visit. She's not in into pure-blood mania like Mum and Dad are, and is the only person that understands me. It surprises me that she was once one of those Slytherin gits.

"I'm here!!!" she sings, as she unceremoniously walks straight through the front door and falls onto the couch.

"Cassie!" Dad shouts. Aunt Cassie also seems to spark something in my dad. Most of the time he's quiet and keeps to himself, but whenever she's here, I can see where I got most of my personality from.

Dad envelops Aunt Cassie in a rare hug. "Orion," she whines, "Twins aren't meant to be separated for so long. I've missed you!"

"I've missed you too! You really need to visit more."

"The Ministry's running me ragged, 'Rion. I'm barely at home anymore. Anyways, who cares about work. Where are my nephews?"

Regulus and I fight to get to her first. Just as he is about to reach out and hug her, I push him onto the ground and hug her tightly.

She laughs, "I missed you guys too," she says, hugging me back and helping Regulus off the ground, "Regulus, I heard you started Quidditch this year. What House are you in, again?"

Regulus puffs out his chest proudly, "I'm in Slytherin, Aunt. Just like you!"

"Good for you, Regulus. And you, Sirius? How's Gryffindor?"

The annoying little prick that I am forced to call my brother laughs a little at the word, 'Gryffindor'. I roll my eyes and say quietly, "Fine."

Aunt Cassie gives me a knowing look, "Come, Sirius. Why don't you come upstairs so we can talk about your classes?"

We went upstairs, but I knew that my aunt would never talk to you about classes, seeing as she did about as much schoolwork as a seal with no limbs.

"So," she says when we sit on my bed, "I have something to tell you. But first, you have to promise that you'll never tell anyone, or who knows what'll happen to me."

"Okay."

"When I was a kid, I was just like you. I could care less about blood type and whatever else it was that Mum tried to get me to believe. The only reason why I wasn't put with the Gryffindors was because of how I begged the Sorting Hat to put me in Slytherin. Whatever you do, Sirius, never change. Even if your mum threatens to kick you out or kill you, or even if she marries you off to a woman you don't love, don't change. Because people like you are the ones that will turn this shitty world around."

Aunt Cassie leaves the next day.

As I sit by my window and watch her go through the gate and Disapperates, I make a bold decision.

I have decided that in order to continue being myself, I'll just have to leave this hellhole.

And that's why, as soon as midnight strikes on Christmas Day, I climb out the window and hop onto my motorcycle, speeding towards Potter Manor.