marry me

The time he proposed:

Mum sent me another owl this morning.

She's getting impatient about the whole marriage thing. I'm only seventeen, normally parents would still be hesitant about me dating. But NO, my parents (or parent, rather) is very serious about me being married by the end of this year.

I complain to Tom about it often.  Like I told Mum, I'd much rather marry him than Abraxas. So, I wish this bloke would just grow a pair and ask me already! If he waits any longer, I'll be Cassiopeia Malfoy! That sounds terrible!

I sigh and stand up. I would go through the trouble of showering before school, but nah. I took a shower like two days ago.

I'm late for breakfast again, so I quickly pull on my uniform (that Mum purposely got too small) and wear some comfy boots. Instead of actually trying to do my hair, I decide to just brush it a bit and move on.

I hate when my hair gets in my face so I use a scarf as a headband and get out the door. By this time, all I can do is grab the rest of the bacon, stuff it in my bag, and rush to Advanced Defense Against the Dark Arts.

I don't know what it is, but it seems like the Ravenclaw table has the best food. It's unfair. The high achievers get the good food, while the rest of us who could care less get the scraps! I should write a letter.

When I grab my bacon and head to class, I can't help but notice that Tom wasn't waiting for me in the Common Room. Hm. Wonder where he is.

•••

When it's finally time for my free period, I go outside by the lake and sit in front of a large, shady tree. As I'm rereading The Hobbit, I hear light footsteps coming my way.

Tom walks over to me and sits down.

"Hey, Tom. Where have you been?"

"I've been wondering how to tell you something."

"Really? What is it?"

"Um..." he starts, staring at his lap, "I-uh..."

"Come on, Tom, spit it out."

"It's just that I...have a..."

"Baby?"

"No! It's a-"

"Horse?"

"No! Would you let me finish?"

"Fine, fine."

"I have a...strong infatuation with you."

"Love. It's called love. Grab a thesaurus sometimes, would you?"

"I can't say it. It pains me."

"Aw, Tommy," I tease, nudging him gently, "You lurve me.  You lurve, lurve, lurve me. Say it."

"I l-l-..."

"Come on..."

"I-uh-"

"It's simple...three little words..."

"Whatever!" he shouts, "I wasn't done anyway!"

"Okay, then, continue on."

He opens his hands to reveal two boxes. One is a small, blue, velvety box and the other is a box of chocolate frogs. He knows me so well! I go to grab the frogs, but he snatches them away from me before I can devour them.

He goes to open the small blue box. I hope it's more chocolate.

What is actually in the box disappoints me. It's just a diamond ring.

Wait.

WUT.

Holy shit.

"Cassiopeia..."

"Tom?"

"Marry me," he says. 

"Um, why?"

"It's either me or Malfoy."

"YES!"

"That's what I thought."

I tackle Tom to the ground and take the ring out myself. It's a perfect fit. As an unspoken thank you, I shower him with kisses.

After...that moment, it's time for Tom to go to Potions.

He kisses my cheek and goes to stand up. Before he can leave, I grab his hand.

"Stay with me?"

He smiles down at me.

"Always."

•••

Honestly, if I were Cassiopeia, I would have said no.

That wasn't a grand enough gesture. If he said that to me, I would have been like, "Uh, no. You're hot and all, but you're gonna have to do better than that."

ANYWAYS. Besides that, did you like it? Cause when I wrote the word always... I sort of fell on the ground and started convulsing violently.

~Nandi🖤
(Queen_Of_Memessss)