7 Minutes in Heaven Chapter 3

So here's another chappter for ya'll! xD I'm starting to love writing this story, and I hope you like reading it. Anyway, enjoy!

-----------------------------

Emmett dismissed me from the party straight after playing the game. And boy was I glad I was out. There was now way I wanted to face that Nate guy ever again. If I’m really going to get it this time, I know it’s going to be hell for me. As I rushed up the stairs, I remembered that cold stare at me coming from the living room; it sent chills down my spine. I was intimidated by him, and I wasn’t. Though I admit Nate’s looks sure as hell attracts me, I in no way want him. If he was nicer—not such a player and douche bag, maybe. Plus, if my brother hates him, then that’s a sure sign that there’s nothing good about him at all. I don’t want anything to do with him.

After Emmett dismissed everyone at midnight (our parents said they wouldn’t be home until one), the house suddenly fell into this ominous hush. I was lying in bed, trying to sleep, but my head still spun as I replayed the incident in the closet over and over. It’s the first time I’ve ever played 7 Minutes in Heaven, and after what just happened, I don’t think I want to play ever again—even if his friends begged me to do it again.

The only good thing that had ever come out of it was humiliating that cocky player. His arrogance was really ticking me off. At least I had the nerve to not let his mind-blowing kisses get to me. Crap. Did I just say his kisses were mind-blowing? Well, that’s what you’re to expect from a player. The dude’s got experience. No surprise there. He’s got experience with everything.

After tossing and turning for another thirty minutes, I let out a groan, kicking off the sheets and practically trudging down the stairs irritably. Once I’ve reached the kitchen, I pour myself a glass of milk. I don’t know why, but it’s like cold medicine to me—I fall asleep much better from drinking it. What I wasn’t expecting in the middle of the night was the smell of smoke (yuck) and an unfamiliar cough. Now I know Emmett doesn’t smoke. So who the hell is it?

There was a silhouette at the glass windows that lead to the porch. It’s left open, and the disgusting smell of smoke was intruding the house. When I neared the guy, my stomach churned. Nate. “What are you doing here?” I asked aloud.

He whipped around, smirking at the sight of me. “I figured I’d stay here for a while.”

“But Emmett’s dismissed everyone. Besides, you’re the party crasher, and he absolutely hates you,” I pointed out.

“Yeah, I do, too.”

“So what are you doing here then?” I asked.

Nate shrugged before answering, “If I hear about a party, I go to it regardless if I’m not invited.” I rolled my eyes—typical of someone like him. “Anyway, what are you doing down here? Shouldn’t you be upstairs getting some beauty sleep?” he teased me with the last question, but I didn’t react to it.

“I can’t sleep,” I answered simply.

“Thinking about me?” he asked smugly, his arrogant smirk still plastered on his face.

Though I rolled my eyes and shook my head, I knew I was denying it. I was thinking about him, but not in that way. I’m not stupid to fall for his player moves. All I thought about was how he’s going to make my life hell. Then again, it’s not like he can spread a rumor about what happened between me and him in the closet; but what happens in the closet, stays in the closet. Isn’t that the rule? Or is it simply a…formality? Being the bad-boy he is he wouldn’t abide by that little rule. He can break a rule just as easily as he can leave a girl after sleeping with them.