7 Minutes in Heaven Chapter 27

A fairly long chapter! Hope you like it! xD And please give me some feedback!

-----------------------------------

“I so beat your ass,” I remarked proudly.

Nate shot a glare my way as he huffed, defeated, “Bitch.”

My jaw dropped, arms folded across my chest with a brow raised. “Excuse me?” I questioned darkly, though there was a small hint of me simply teasing him about it.

“Shit, I’m so sorry, babe,” he said hastily, trying to apologize. His face was painted with shades of regret, but I still wanted to mess with him. Nate reached over to pull me in for a contrite hug; however, I simply moved away from him, feigning a look of disgust. “I said I’m sorry.”

The corner of my lip twitched as I turned away from him. God, I just loved teasing him; I simply loved it when he’d suddenly get all worried and flustered. It was so freaking cute.

When I kept up with the silent treatment, he scooted over, resting his chin on my shoulder as he asked, “What do I have to do to get you to forgive me?”

I slowly turned my head to see him pout, his neon blue eyes pleading. As a result, my face started to redden with heat. A small smirk started to creep up his lips, but I ignored it. I narrowed my eyes at him as I whipped my head around and away from him.

Nate gave a soft whimper—I wasn’t sure if he was playing along or if he was seriously this sad about it. I highly doubted it was the latter. His arms slowly wrapped around me from behind, pulling my back to his chest; I fought the urge to break into a smile. His face nuzzled up to the crook of my neck, breathing my name smoothly, “Jae-Hwa…”

I bit my bottom lip before finally turning my whole body to face him and plant a kiss on his lips. “You’ve already been forgiven,” I replied.

He smiled a little before muttering, “Works every time.”

I thwacked his head with my hand and his face scrunched up. “You cocky little bastard,” I hissed.

“Hell yeah I am,” he proclaimed pompously. I rolled my eyes, poking him in the ribs.

Nate let out an unfamiliar and eccentric laugh; it unlike any laugh I’ve heard from him. It was a cross between a girlish giggle, a girly scream, and a male’s evil laugh. My eye twitched slightly before I broke into laughter. “What the—what the hell was that?!” I asked in between laughter.

His face tinted a dark tint of pink, hanging his head low, discomfited. “Shut up…” he mumbled. My laugh finally subsided, but that stupid smile was still plastered on my face.

“Aww,” I cooed, cupping his face. “It’s so adorable when you’re embarrassed.” He shot me a look. “What?”

“Don’t call me adorable.”

I rolled my eyes. “I forgot; you’re those kinds of guys.” I heaved a flippant sigh, “You guys and your ‘man pride’.”

Nate merely deadpanned for a moment before responding, “What’s wrong with that?”

“You can’t let your girlfriend dote on you?” I snapped. He opened his mouth to speak, but closed it. His eyes bored into mine, as though trying to communicate with me telepathically. I straddled his hips, my arms wrapped around his neck as I deadpanned. Finally, he sighed in defeat. “There we go,” I teased, pinching his cheeks as though he were some five-year-old. In response, he tweaked my nose. “Admit it though. I beat your ass.”