7 Minutes in Heaven Chapter 36

I had all day yesterday to work on this chapter, so here you go! It's been a while since I've written a long one, but you know xD

Hope you like it!

--------------------------------

Apparently, as I’ve heard from Emmett recently, he and Evelyn started dating. My parents and I congratulated him, and in response, he said, “One step closer to marriage.” We rolled our eyes, and eventually we got sick and tired of hearing him constantly reminding us how amazing she was. After all, he talked our ears out last week.

Upon entering my 5th month, I’d been practicing good posture in order to reduce the amount of back pain I would come to experience. Not to mention, I’ve been having such an enormous appetite, I’m surprised I haven’t jumped up ten sizes! As for my parents, they went through all the trouble of transforming my brother’s old room into a nursery with the repainting of the walls, building a crib, etc. However, the baby’s necessities such as diapers, toys, and bottles were my responsibilities. My parents kept pushing me to find out the sex of the baby, but I insisted on it being a surprise until the day of his or her birth despite the difficulties in finding unisex clothes and my parents deciding on the wall paint that wouldn’t seem too girly or boyish.

Other than that, so far, my summer vacation has been a bit lonely. Alice would drop by, and most of the time she’d be at the beach with Riley. I’d go to Jackson’s but he’s got his hands full with his summer assignment. As for Lily, she kind of made a trip to Alex’s house in Washington State. And Nate…well, we haven’t talked since the day Emmett moved to Massachusetts.

With that in mind, I decided to head for Jackson’s anyway right when he called. “Yeah?” answered I, casually.

“Uh, could you come over, Jem?” he asked.

“I’m already on my way—I kind of considered coming over so I’ll be there in a few.”

“Oh, otay,” he answered in a mock-nasal voice. I rolled my eyes in response. I swear he’s been using that phrase since I came back.

With Mom and Dad at work, and the fact that Jackson only lived walking distance, it was no problem for me to find no car available for me to drive to. Then again, my back pains sure were going to be like going through Hell and back. Thankfully though, I arrived with no sorts of physical problems.

“Jemma-Wemma!!!” exclaimed Jackson upon my entrance. He practically leaped his way towards me as he gave me a big (though not suffocating) hug. And it wasn’t until he let go that I noticed his older brother Matt and a vaguely familiar guy with dark brown hair and emerald green eyes. And for some reason, the way he looked at me made my heart skip a beat for a moment.

“Hey Jackson,” I greeted my best friend first before focusing on the other two. “Hey, Matt,” I muttered, and he smiled and greeted back as usual. I gave another look at the other guy and noted, “You look familiar.”

The guy smirked as he replied, “I’m surprised. Usually no one notices me—or remembers—since I don’t go to parties like my best friend does.”

My gaze shifted to Matt. “He’s your best friend?” Matt shook his head and I went back to the guy. “Then who is?”

He waved it off dismissively, saying, “It’s not that important. But, as I was saying, I guess you could call me the killjoy and nerd. Him and I are total opposites, and sometimes—well most of the time—I can almost never approve of his recklessness.” I gave a small chuckle as I thought about whom that reminded me of. “And your name is Jemma Song, right?” I nodded, smile plastered on my face.