7 Minutes in Heaven Chapter 39

This was the best I could come up after such a terrible writer's block! I know...it's not the best, and I find it sloppily written, rough, and simply not elaborate enough...plus, this wasn't proofread AT ALL.

This could've been so much better...

Hopefully this is enough for ya'll though; so enjoy! xD

----------------------------------

My heart, my mind—everything—was a mess. I regretted everything that I unintentionally let happen. I should’ve stopped him before he got too close, I shouldn’t have kept my mouth running with questions of such curiosity. Hell, I shouldn’t have let him in. I always knew I was an idiot, but not this big of an idiot—actually, never mind. But the real question…why didn’t I, why couldn’t I, slam the door in his face or give him a good ass-whooping instead of letting him take another step into my house?

I didn’t mean to want to hear what Nate had to say. I didn’t want to see him again, but somehow I just couldn’t turn him down. These stupid lingering feelings screwed me over and I’m stuck in some kind of love triangle where I’d have to ultimately choose between him and Gail. I used to love reading about love triangles in stories, but being involved in one is a different story entirely.

At the moment though, my feelings for Gail were much stronger; Nate was more of…a first love memory. I wasn’t going to let the past wreck my present with Gail or my future in general.

Being on my 8th month of pregnancy, there were times where I would feel something of a contraction. The thought of having a premature baby somewhat scared me; I still hadn’t entirely prepared myself yet. I was still afraid of the childbirth, but I knew that bringing my thoughts into that of a pessimist would only harm the baby.

Gail knew nothing of my lingering feelings for Nate, however. I wanted these feelings to pass by like nothing; I so hoped that these feelings wouldn’t return back to its full potential. So far, each day was like any other day Gail and I spent together—serene and without troubles. Thanksgiving was not one of those days.

Emmett came home with Evelyn, along with Gail’s older brother, Nick—who also brought his boyfriend. Need I say more about who else came? It wasn’t like I could ban Nate from seeing me (well there is such thing as a restraining order, but that’s a little too extreme); it is a special occasion, my parents and Emmett didn’t mind too much (surprisingly), he’s heading to his house after a couple hours, and Gail wanted to spend some time with his best friend, despite their newfound rivalry over me.

“So I see you’ve met my brother,” Nick stated the moment he caught sight of Gail’s arm wrapped around me. Nick smirked before introducing the guy next to him, “This is my boyfriend Charles Goode.”

“Hi,” I reluctantly said as I examined his features: dirty blonde hair, tan-ish complexion, hazel eyes, and lean, somewhat muscular; he was quite handsome.

“Hey,” he replied enthusiastically before following Nick to the kitchen.

As for Evelyn, she poked her head into the family room where Gail and I were, and she greeted, “Hi!” We smiled in return before she asked, “You’re Em’s younger sister Jemma, right?”

I nodded. “And you must be Evelyn!” I responded in the same manner, “I remember you from when my brother moved in; since that day, he hasn’t shut up about you—he’s crazy for you!”

She smiled shyly and tucked a tendril of hair behind her ears, muttering bashfully, “I keep telling him to stop bragging about me in front of people.”