7 Minutes in Heaven Chapter 30

Sorry that this is a short chapter...I know you probably expected it to be long like the recent ones, but I'm sure you know I have my reasons for this particular one to be short. Besides, a short chapter is better than no chapter in weeks, right? I sure hope so. You should very well know what's going to happen. Anyway, please give me feedback and vote! xD

-------------------------------

I suppressed a short, rather ear-piercing shriek that would’ve escaped my lips at the sight of it. Instantly I clasped a hand over my mouth while my eyes dilated. The weight on my chest increased, and I was trembling. But even though the tears pricked my eyes like needles, they didn’t dare fall.

Eventually, I snapped out of my traumatized state and dropped my hand to my sides. Replacing the shock etched on my face, I replaced it with that of hatred, anger, and betrayal. My lips formed a thin line, brows furrowed, and my eyes were narrowed dangerously towards the man-whore and slut.

I scoffed. “I should’ve known. People never change no matter what,” I muttered, poison laced in my words.

Almost immediately, Nate pulled away from Michelle. And when his eyes met mine, he whispered, his expression clearly saying ‘Caught Red-Handed’, “Jae-Hwa…”

For a fraction of a second, I twitched, but I fought against that stupid spell that’d downright force me on my knees. I folded my arms across my chest and hissed, “I should’ve known that you faked everything.” My eyes flitted over to Michelle, whose expression was unreadable until that devilish smirk came up on her lips.

“Don’t you see,” she began, taunting me with that condescending tone of hers, “he’s done with you. I bet your pregnancy was enough to…scare him off. So…he called me over.”

My head snapped to face Nate, who was fretting over the situation he’d just put himself in. I asked slowly, “You…called her over?”

“I didn’t call her!” he answered.

“Lies,” I spat.

“It’s not what you think!”

And deep down inside me, I felt myself snap. “It’s not what I think?” I echoed. “It’s not what I think?! Oh, and how else am I supposed to think when I see you, almost naked, and about to have sex with—with—her?!” I pointed at Michelle, who pulled up her bratty yet offended look.

Nate hastily stood from the bed, approaching me, eyes and voice pleading, “Jae”—

I paced backwards just as quickly, and then I felt it. Tears were brimming, ready to fall like Niagara Falls at any moment. I shook my head vehemently. “Forget it,” I whispered feebly just as the first tear fell down my cheek. When he took another step towards me, I bellowed, “It’s over!”

He stopped dead in his tracks, and I picked up one of his remotes and chucked it at Michelle’s way as hard as I could, resulting in a shrill scream of pain. Lastly, I advanced towards Nate and launched the tip of my shoe up to his balls. His face contorted into that of utter pain, every part of his face scrunched up as he collapsed on the floor.

And while I backed out of his bedroom, I said in a hushed tone, “I should’ve listened to Emmett and my parents…”

Finally escaping, the first thing my gut had me do was slam my fists against the hood of Nate’s and Michelle’s cars, causing a number of dents to form. Anger rose inside me like a wildfire that couldn’t be extinguished—couldn’t be controlled…couldn’t be stopped no matter what. Blood boiled, and tears streamed down my cheeks endlessly. I couldn’t control myself anymore. I was going mad.