7 Minutes in Heaven Chapter 16

To the right is Landon Liboiron (guess who he plays as), and hopefully you like this chapter! xD Sorry for the delay though...I've had to deal with...family issues so...yeah...but enjoy the chapter!

-------------------------

It was silent the whole ride to school. Emmett didn’t say anything, and I didn’t volunteer to start up a conversation because I just knew I’d end up lying miserably again. I’m just relieved and utterly surprised that I even went by with that lie. I thought he’d see straight through that. But it seems that my acting skills have polished up a little after spending time with Nate.

When I got to Chemistry, my lab partner leaned over to me, asking, “So…is it true about you and Nate?”

I stopped dead, my head slowly turning to him. He couldn’t have told the whole school…could he? Did Nate seriously spread a rumor about us because I was being a total bitch? Is he even at school? There’s just no way…

Holding a confused expression, I asked, “What is?”

He raised a brow. “Oh come on, Jem, don’t try to hide it. Everyone knows that you two have been sneaking around—having some fun.” A wide smirk dared to cross as face as he shook his head in mock disappointment. “Tsk, tsk, tsk… I never knew you were easy.”

I held the urge to say “Where’d you hear that from?” because I knew that’d give it away and everyone would get that kind of idea. I was so not going to ruin my rep. “I’m not easy,” I assured. That was true at the very least. However, the whole sneaking around and having some fun was…true (maybe half true in some instances).

My lab partner wrapped an arm around me, pulling me closer. He pulled me close to him and breathed into my ear, “It’s all around school. Michelle witnessed everything.” I froze in my position, doing a double take before pushing him off me. So Michelle spread that rumor? I thought she let it slide and believed every word I—

No…

Why should I be expecting her to believe every word I said? It’s Michelle Rauling so this was bound to happen. I knew what she was trying to do though. She expects me to come out with the truth about something “juicy” about Nate and me. I wasn’t going to let her break me though. If I could outlast everything I was about to face, then I could prove her stupid rumor wrong. Maybe then she’d get off my case.

“Well whatever she said is a lie,” I said coolly, trying not to overreact over what I’d heard. That kind of reaction with me practically screaming my lungs out was what they expected and what they wanted.

However, my lab partner still persisted. “Oh come on…” He rubbed a hand on my arm and I recoil it away from him, disgusted. “No need to be so difficult. You know…I was wondering if you’d like to come by my house and maybe”—

“I told you, I’m not easy,” I snapped. He raised a derisive brow, but I rolled my eyes, trying to act normal—whatever that was for me at the moment. When he wouldn’t stop ogling me, I heaved an aggravated sigh, threatening to slap him. “I’m serious,” I hissed. “If you honestly trust a word Michelle says, then you obviously don’t know the truth from lies.”

He reclined in his seat, hands brought behind his back. And as everyone else filed into class, they all gave me amused, jealous, and disgusted looks. Oh here we go, I thought irritably.

Among those people that came into the room was Michelle, and she’s not even in my Chemistry class. There was that sickly sweet smile on her face as she took my lab partner’s seat, leaning dangerously close to me. I swear, the smell of her perfume was suffocating me—I’m sure that was her intention in the first place anyway.