7 Minutes in Heaven Chapter 35

So because of hurricane Sandy (yesh, I'm in the eastern coast, and thank God we're all still safe), I've had a ton of freetime, so here you go!

Hope you like it even though it's not the best!

------------------------------------

Eventhough it was July, I had entered my fourth month, it was my 17th birthday, and I was helping my brother move out, I could still recall the events after graduation. I had only sat there crying for about thirty seconds to realize how stupid I was being; instantly, I sprung on my feet and ran back around to the front of the school where he stood talking with Emmett—civilly. It was a rare sight indeed, but I didn’t care about that at all. Every part of me that yearned for him tugged at my heart, and I didn’t question my actions when I sprinted in his direction and called out his name.

He turned to face me, and when I ran straight into his arms, he caught me, slightly staggering backward. I inhaled his scent deeply, arms tightening their grip around him as I repeatedly whispered in a desperate and pleading hush, “I believe you, Nate… I don’t hate you…I love you…so much… Please, please don’t go…”

Nate ran his hand gently and slowly down my hair. Everyone turned to face us, but they didn’t say a word—Emmett simply walked away to our parents to give Nate and me our space. In response, Nate held me even tighter, and I could feel the fast beating of his heart. Everything felt like the world centered only on us two—like we were the last humans on earth yet there was so much distance between us, despite how close we were.

“Do you think,” I began shakily, “we could start over? We could work this out?”

He pressed his lips into my ear and breathed, “Are you asking me to take you as my girlfriend?” I nodded, and I felt him smile, causing me to bite my lower lip, stifling a giggle. Nate pulled away and I locked my eyes with his neon blue ones. “Jae-Hwa…” he began…reluctantly. I swallowed hard. “Look…I’m—I’m going to college, and it’s on the far side of the state.”

My heart sunk. “What are you getting at? Are you saying that”—

“Don’t get me wrong,” he added abruptly. “I do, I really do want us to be together again.”

“Then why are you hesitating?” I snapped.

Nate heaved a sigh. “It’s just…I’ve been thinking… What if I’m not the one for you?”

My hand reached out to touch his cheek, and I held an expression of worry and uneasiness. “Don’t say or think like that.”

He held my hand in his and said in a quiet voice, “All I’ve ever done is hurt you and cause you pain.”

“You’re hurting me now,” I answered snappily.

Nate averted my gaze. “Exactly… It’s just…what if there’s someone else who can make you happy—happier?”

“Don’t be ridiculous,” I scoffed.

“I wouldn’t speak too soon. A lot can happen in a month or two.”

“Well what about us, we’ve been apart for a month or two and our feelings still haven’t wavered,” I pointed out. “Isn’t just the two of us being in love enough?”

He looked down at the floor. “I really wish reality worked that way…”

“Nate…I don’t want things to end this way…”

His head shot back up. “I don’t either…but for now…if we’re really meant to be together, then it’ll happen. I don’t want a type of long distance relationship give you any hardship.”