7 Minutes in Heaven Chapter 18

Another little "banner" to the right xD

I was going to post this after I get 3,000 views in total for this story, but I couldn't resist!

Anyway, I hope you like it!

-----------------------------

When I woke up the next morning, I couldn’t help but smile towards the warm and secure feeling I had with Nate’s warm wrapped around me, his face buried in the crook of my neck. I liked this—us cuddling in the night. Hopefully this morning won’t be as disastrous as yesterday’s morning.

Nate groaned, and I knew he was awake. He lifted his head from my neck, and I turned my head to face him. “Morning,” I greeted sweetly. He smiled, planting a kiss on my lips.

“How’re you feeling?” he asked.

I shrugged. “Better.”

His smile widened, and I practically felt myself melt a little. This very peace with his arm still wrapped around me, our warm breaths mingling, and our eyes staring deep into each other’s longingly was disturbed by the ringing of my phone. I held in the urge to groan as I picked up the phone, answering, “Yeah?”

Nate raised a, you-answer-your-calls-like-that, brow. I rolled my eyes, lightly shoving him; he smirked, and I shook my head teasingly. Finally, Emmett’s voice responded, “Okay good, you’re awake.”

“What, you thought I’d sleep in and skip school, Em? I thought we both knew that I’m widely known as Little Miss Priss?” From the other line I could tell he was rolling his eyes. “Anyway…how is she?”

From the corner of my eye, I saw Nate pull on a shirt while Emmett answered, “She’s doing pretty good…I guess…”

Alarmed, I immediately got off the bed, pulse starting to skyrocket. I asked shakily, “What—what do you mean ‘I guess’?” Emmett heaved a sigh.

Please, don’t tell me she’s gone. Please, don’t tell me she’s gone. Please don’t tell me she’s gone…

“The surgery went successfully, but she hasn’t woken up yet.” I let out a breath of relief though I was still worried over Grandma’s condition. When I don’t respond immediately, he asked anxiously, “Are you okay, Jemma?”

“Yeah…” I answered slowly. I swallowed hard, still continuing to think the worst of possibilities of her condition. “So…can I visit her?”

He took a moment to respond. “Yeah…you can… But wait until school let’s out, okay?”

“Wait, but what about you, I thought you’re going home?”

Emmett drew in a long sigh. “When you get here after school, I will. For now, I want to stay here. I’ve already called in the school; they’re okay with it. You, on the other hand, should go.”

I hung my head low, replying in a small voice, “Okay…”

Silence hung in the air for about a minute until he said, “Well, bye, Jemma…stay out of trouble.”

“I know…” And we hung up. I turned to face Nate who was already dressed appropriately. “Give me a minute.” He shrugged as I walked over to my closet.

Nate’s hand extended past me, taking out a long pair of black jeans, a red t-shirt, and a navy blue sweatshirt. I held a bemused look. “What?” he asked.

“I thought you’d pick out something slutty and revealing,” I said flatly with a hint of surprise.

He rolled his eyes, smirking as he handed the outfit to me. “I have my reasons,” he explained vaguely. I raised a brow, but he shook his head gesturing me out the bedroom and to the bathroom.