7 Minutes in Heaven Chapter 22

So...I personally wasn't a big fan of writing that last chapter, but hopefully you like this one just a little better.

And the song is "As Ever/Still" by Lee Hong Ki who plays Jeremy in the Korean drama You're Beautiful. I figured I should have at least some Korean music in here since...the Jemma is Korean so yeah! xD Don't judge me for my taste in music though...I implore you.

-----------------------------

I still had a hard time believing that Emmett had easily trusted me again. I wasn’t sure whether or not he was for real, or if this was some test. And I couldn’t help but worry that the latter might be the case. Therefore, I wasn’t going to underestimate him—I’m not going to bring my guard down.

Nate and I only talked over the phone during the weekend since I didn’t want my brother to get any ideas. We knew (I knew) better than that. Our conversations mainly consisted about later date plans, what we were doing at the moment, and just plain random conversations. Those conversations made this relationship feel real. There was no awkwardness. Every conversation felt natural and fluent for us both. It wasn’t always like this before. It’d always be him trying to phone sex me, beg to sneak over to my house, or to just try and annoy the freaking crap out of me.

Of course, there were some rarities of that, but I was already used to it. It reminded me that this guy is the same one I inadvertently fell in love with. He’s changed, but he was still the same in his cockiness, and his stupid pickup lines. Though it was an accident to fall in love with him, it was the best accident ever.

Much to my resentment, the weekend dragged on agonizingly slow. I swear, I’d be reading Linger for what seemed like two hours, and when I look at the time, it’s only been thirty minutes. Like seriously, what the freak? Not to mention, I’d completely just spend my time watching a Harry Potter movie marathon, and it still hadn’t gotten to five in the afternoon by the time I got to Order of the Phoenix.

No one in the house went anywhere, really. It was uneventful. Emmett was too lazy to go anywhere, my parents basically slept in like they always did after five days of nearly nonstop working. As for my friends, I didn’t want to bother Alex and Lily while they were out on their date, Alice was sick again while Jackson was plain lazy. Nate and I so badly wanted to just go out on a date again, but neither of us had any ideas for it.

Instead, we went back to Nate’s typical late night visits to my house. We’d wait about an hour until everyone’s fallen asleep before he drove here. As always, I’d quietly go down the stairs and into the kitchen to where the backdoor was. His silhouette would was present as always by the window. And once I opened that door, he’d greet me with a rough and passionate kiss…

Nate kicked the door closed with his foot started carrying me while my legs wrapped around his waist. His tongue entered my mouth and I let out a soft moan, causing him to pull me closer to him in response. He carried me over to the couch where he leaned over me in such a way I felt inferior to him. The only thing I could make out in this darkness was his eyes. They were filled with passion and longing. I was sure mine were, too. His jaw clenched so tightly, I watched the muscle jump somewhat before he leaned in closer to me, letting his lips trail down my jaw and neck, it almost tickled me inside and out.

His lips rested on the nape of my neck and I reacted by arching my body instinctively towards him, my mouth gaping open to let out a moan, and the swirling motions in my head continuously cycling until I lost my grip on the world. The very heat in between and surrounding us was raising until we broke out in small sweat beads. Nate trailed back up my neck and bit my bottom lip. Another moan of pleasure escaped me.