7 Minutes in Heaven Chapter 13

Really long chapter xD And it hasn't been proofread (it never is), but hopefully you like it! xD

------------------------

 Has there ever been a time in your life where you had blurted out his name when you were in trouble? And that guy was someone you had resented wholly? It happened to me that Monday night, and I just didn’t understand how anything had led up to this. It was something unexpected, and it was one of those events that turned my life around.

Like 7 Minutes in Heaven.

It was a game that had sure as hell changed my entire life course. Now I’ve got a few more things added on my agenda: Get Nate Stanford off my case, keep my brother from finding out about Nate’s coming over late night, make sure no one finds about my little connection with Nate. In sum, everything that’s added to my memo has to do with Nate. And I always came to the conclusion that it was because of that stupid party game I got myself into.

Seriously, where would we be, what would be the relationship and connection between us if I never got involved or if I simply surrendered him the first time? Sure enough, I’d be another girl in his eyes. But would I really? Or would we be where we stand now except under different circumstances. Would he still be trying to get in my head and coming over to my house in the middle of the night? I don’t think so. Knowing him, we wouldn’t get anywhere, and I’d just be some girl he slept with or a girl he never knew or met. At the same time, I didn’t want to believe that that would be the case. But I have to be realistic and stop fantasizing about it.

“Jem, Jemma,” a voice called out my name. My reaction was delayed as I blinked a few times, turning my head to Emmett and Jackson, standing right out the open door, waiting for me to step out. Crap…I dazed off…didn’t I? I shook my head slightly, bringing myself back to reality before I could drown in my own pool of thoughts all over again.

I stepped out the car, putting up my normal, indifferent façade as I walked side by side with Emmett and Jackson. However, those two weren’t the types to let anything slide. Em was the first to ask though. “What’s wrong?”

My head turned to him, and I shook my head, replying in the most convincing way I could, “I’m fine.”

Those two knew me so well though. “C’mon, Jem,” Jackson persisted. “Every guy knows that ‘I’m fine’ means that you’re really in a crap mood.” I gave him a look and he noted, “I’m serious though; you know it’s true.”

I shrugged it off. “It’s really nothing,” I bluntly said. It really wasn’t something entirely worth mentioning. All it was about was me wondering where Nate Stanford (a.k.a. Mr. Player) and I would be at in our relationship and connection if I never played 7 Minutes in Heaven or if I gave into him the first game. And that definitely was not something I wanted to discuss in front of them—especially my brother.

Emmett raised a brow and I assured him, “I’m absolutely, positively, one-hundred percent sure that it’s nothing.” He still kept his brow raised, and I returned it with a straight and stern look as I tried not to give away what might be still coursing through my mind.

However, him being the ever dearest older brother he is (ahem…a little sarcasm), it was like he read my thoughts completely as though they were in plain sight on my face in bright lights that you see in Las Vegas. Emmett folded his arms across his chest as he asked in a serious tone with that edge in his voice, “What’s been going on between you and Stanford?”