Fireworks

A/N. Hey guys! Hope you enjoy this. I know there are a lot of other stories like this, but please give me a chance. I don't have much to say but the picture is of Shade's main weapon. Just imagine it entirely black colored. And that's all I've got. Enjoy! -Anna

WASHINGTON, D.C 

July 5, 00:01 EDT 

Time runs short. You must awaken. You must awaken now! 

 I gasped and opened my eyes. The voice in my head was gone. I looked at where I was and started to hyperventilate.  The boys and I were stuck in these pods that didn't have much room, much to my discomfort. My mind started to flash back to my home where the scientists would put me in a tight closed box with no light, and make me teleport out of it. When I first did it, I was so scared and didn't know what to do. I stayed in there for hours until I finally learned how to teleport. Thus, making me claustrophobic. 

 "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Shade! Calm down!" Robin said to the right of me. Kid and Aqualad were in the pods to the left.

 "Robin I can't! There-there's no room, and I can't do anything!" I exclaimed. 

 "Shade, just focus on my voice. Distract yourself by talking," Robin advised. I slowly started to even my breathing and calmed down. We all looked forward and saw the clone of Superman staring at us.

 "What? What-what do you want?" asked Kid Flash. Superboy just continued to stare. "Quit staring! You're creeping me out!"

 "Uh, KF, how about we not tick off the guy who can fry us with a look," Robin said. 

 "We only sought to help you," Aqualad said calmly. 

 "Yeah, we free you, and you turn on us. How's that for grat-" Kid started. 

 "Kid, please, Be quiet now. I believe our new friend was not in full control of his actions," Aqualad said. In the corner of my eye, I saw Robin get a lock pick from the finger of his glove. 

 "What-what if I...what if I wasn't?" asked Superboy, talking for the first time. 

 "He can talk?" asked Kid in disbelief. I glared at him. 

 "Yes he can," said Superboy, getting angry and making his right hand into a fist. Robin and Aqualad joined me in glaring at Kid for his big mouth. 

 "Not like I said it," Kid said. 

 "The genomorphs taught you telepathically," Aqualad said, keeping Superboy talking. 

 "They taught me much. I can read, write. I-I know the names of things," Superboy told us. 

 "But have you ever seen them?" Robin asked him. 

 "Have they ever actually let you see the sky? Or the sun?" I asked. 

 "Images are implanted in my mind, but no. I have not seen them," the clone replied. 

 "Do you know what you are? Who you are?" asked Aqualad curiously. 

 "I am the Superboy, a genomorph. A clone made from the DNA of the Superman. Made to replace him should he perish...to destroy him should he turn form the light," Superboy said, like it was rehearsed. Robin, Kid, and I exchanged glances at each other at this statement.

 Aqualad kept talking to Superboy. "To be like Superman is a worthy aspiration. But like Superman you deserve a life of your own. Beyond your solar suit, beyond your pod, beyond Cadmus."