Image

A/N.  Hey guys! Hope you like this. It's not my best work, but hope you all still like it. -Anna

I was sitting down on the couch in the Cave with Kid and Robin. The two boys were talking as I stared off into space. Lately, my thoughts were on my dilemma with Klarion, and my head's been in the clouds or ignoring people. Whenever people asked me what was wrong or if I was okay, I always answered with an, I'm fine. But I know that I'm really not.

 "-Alice?" someone said, and went back to reality. Robin and Kid were looking at me expectantly. 

"Sorry, what?" I asked.

"We asked you what was better: chicken whizzes or double chili cheeseburger?" Kid asked.

I groaned softly. "You guys are seriously fighting over that?" They just nodded. I sighed.

" Robin, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian, Shade, report for mission briefing," Batman said over the speakers. We got up and headed towards the mission room.

Before we entered, I turned to the boys. "For the record, I like chili cheeseburgers better," I smirked before walking into the mission room. I could hear Robin cheer behind me. Soon, the rest of the Team that was called came in.

"Rumaan Harjavti is the democratically-elected president of Qurac," Batman said, showing a hologram picture of a man with a dark beard and hair, with a bit of gray in his beard. "Harjavti has been praised as a fair, wise leader a humanitarian." A video of Bruce and Harjavti showed them shaking hands.

"Sure. Any friend of Brue Wayne's," Kid whispered to Robin and me. I lightly elbowed him.

"But five days ago, Harjavti allied himself with the dictator of the neighboring nation of Bialya, Queen Bee," Batman continued. A holo screen showed Queen Bee and the two nations with their flags on their territory.

"Huh. Not a fan," Superboy huffed. Agreed, Superboy.

"Few are. But Harjavti suddenly backs Queen Bee's faceless claim that Qurac and Bialya were one nation in ancient times, and has announced that countries will reunify in two days at a ceremony in Qurac." The screen that showed the two seperate nations now joined together as one with Bialya's flag. A video then showed Harjavti doing an interview.

"After the ceremony, I will step down as President so that our rightful monarch, Queen Bee, may rule," he said. Another video showed Queen Bee doing an interview.

"I laud President Harjavti for unifying our peoples, and I will gladly come to Qurac to be crowned sole leader of our nation," she said.

"And the Quracis are okay with this?" I asked.

"Hardly. They're well aware of the brutality of Queen Bee's regime. But Harjavti has censored the press, silenced all legitimate protest, and invited the Bialyan military into the country to enforce martial law," Batman informed.

Holographic images showed the Quracis protesting with signs, and all and the Bialyan troops keeping everyone at bay. Not really though. It looked like chaos there, and trust me, I know what chaos is.

"Queen Bee has to be controlling Harjavti. Doesn't she have the power to enthrall most men?" Robin said.

"And some women. But not long distance. And we have confirmation that she hasn't left Bialya. Something else is at work here. Find out what. Robin, you're team leader." Robin looked at Batman with surprise and...fear?

"Promotion. Sweet," Kid said, holding his hand up for a high five from the Boy Wonder.

Robin stepped up a little. "Me? Wh-what about Aqualad?"