Schooled

A/N. Enjoy guys! Don't have much to say except the picture is of Shade's bike for the mission, and she keeps her normal Shade suit for the mission. Okay, read! -Anna

MOUNT JUSTICE

August 3, 13:06 EDT

 Today, Superboy went out with Superman to Metropolis. I just hoped that makes an opportunity for the two aliens bond since their first meeting wasn't too pleasant. It had been a few hours since they left, and Kid and Aqualad were playing hologram air hockey in the Cave, with Miss Martian, Robin, and me watching. I didn't even know the Cave had air hockey. Kid scored a point, and took a bite out of his banana he was holding as he played. The zeta tubes glowed, and announced Superboy's arrival.

Recognized: Superboy, B04

 The clone walked in looking glum. I went out on a limb, and guessed that the outting didn't go too well for him and Superman.

 "Hi, Superboy. How was Metropolis?" Miss M asked.

 He didn't answer, and walked straight through the air hockey table, making it disappear.

 Suddenly, someone cleared their throat. "Ready for training, everyone?"

 I immediately recognized the voice. Black Canary and Martian Manhunter walked into the training room, which also served as the mission room.

 "Black Canary! Uncle J'onn!" Miss M exclaimed happily. She and I walked over to our mentors, and hugged them.

 "M'gann, I was in the neighborhood so I thought I'd see how you were adjusting," Manhunter explained, pulling away from the hug.

 "A few bumps, but I'm learning," Miss Martian answered.

 "That's all I can ask," Manhunter said.

 Superboy started to walk away, until Canary stopped him. "Stick around. Class is in session." Superboy stayed back, crossing his arms. Canary went to the middle of the training circle, and it lit up. "I consider it to be an honor to be your teacher. I'll throw a lot at you. Everything I've learned from my own mentors..." As she took off her jacket, she winced, and we saw the bandage wrapped around her left arm. "And my own bruises."

 "What happened?" I asked.

 "The job," Canary simply replied, throwing her jacket down. "Now, combat is about controlling conflict-putting the battle on your terms. You should always be acting, never reacting. I'll need a sparing partner."

 "Right here. Yeah!" Kid volunteered with a mouthful of banana as he went up to Canary. "After this," he made a little swish sound as he tossed the peel into a trash, "I'll show you my moves."

 "Is he really hitting on Black Canary?" I asked no one in particular.

 "Yup," Robin answered.

 "She's like, a decade older than he is," I sighed.

 "Yup," Robin said again, this time popping the 'p'.

 "Well, she's gonna hit back, too. But more physical and painful," I said smirking.

 Canary mirrored my expression as Kid and she got into fighting positions. Canary went for a hit to Kid's stomach, and he blocked it, only to be knocked down on his back thanks to Canary's leg. The rest of us flinched. That must have hurt. The floor under Kid read: Kid Flash Staus: Fail.