Auld Acquaintance

A/N. Hey guys! Last chapter of this story! Sorry it's short. Hope you guys liked this story. Not my best, I'll say that, but with editing I've made it decent. I'll probably make the sequel, but I don't know when. Okay, enough babbling. There'll be more at the end A/N. Anyway, read on this last chapter! -Anna

MOUNT JUSTICE
December 31, 07:16 EST

 "We have reason to feel proud of yesterday's victories," Aqualad said as the whole Team walked to the mission room. Batman had called us there to talk about something. "But one thing has not changed."

"Somehow the bad guys are still getting inside intel about us," Robin added.

"Yeah, but at least we know none of us are the mole," Kid said, sounding happy.

 "That's correct," Batman said with Red Tornado next to him as we all entered the mission room. "The mole was Red Arrow." A holographic image of Roy showed up next to the Dark Knight.

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

"Roy?" Robin questioned.

"No way!" Kid said.

 "Batman, that cannot be. He was Green Arrow's protégé. We have all known him for years," Aqualad pointed out.

 "Unfortunately, the Roy Harper we haven known for the last three years is another Project Cadmus clone," Tornado said.

 "We've learned the real Speedy was abducted and replaced immediately after becoming Green Arrow's sidekick," Batman said, and a image of Speedy showed up next to the Red Arrow one. "The clone was pre-programed with a drive to join the Justice League which is why he was so angry over any delays to his admission, and why he refused to join the team. This Roy Harper had no idea he was a clone or a traitor. And his subconscious programming drove him to become League worthy. So he struck out on his own as Red Arrow. When he was finally admitted his secondary programming kicked in and he attempted to betray the League to Vandal Savage. Fortunately, I had already deduced Red Arrow was a clone. We were prepared."

 "Savage was subdued but Red Arrow escaped. He is now a fugitive, armed and dangerous," Tornado said.

 "If you guys hadn't rescued me from Cadmus," Superboy mused while rubbing the back of his neck.

"What, what happened to the real Roy?" I asked, a little fearful for the answer.

 "We don't know. He isn't at Cadmus. We have to face the possibility that the real Roy Harper is dead," Batman said.

 I looked down, sadly. Even though I didn't meet the real Roy Harper, it still saddened me to know that he might be dead. And to know that the Roy that I thought of as a brother turned out to be a clone and dead, that just made it worse. Out of Robin, Kid, and Aqualad, I was probably the closest to Red Arrow, besides Green Arrow.

"The clone Roy, the team will find him," Aqualad said.

 "Negative. Red Arrow's a member of the Justice League now. Leave him to us," Batman said firmly. He reached to his comm, and then looked at the us. "I'm needed at the Watchtower. Tornado, stay with the kids"

I raised an eyebrow. Kids?

Recognized: Batman, 02

  Aqualad turned to face all of us. Clone or no clone, Red Arrow was one of us. We will go after him.

Red Tornado walked up behind Aqualad and suddenly stopped, shutting down.

Tornado! Miss Martian said worriedly.