Misplaced

MOUNT JUSTICE

November 5, 19:47 EDT

 M'gann and Conner walked out of the Bio-Ship, carrying different boxes and crates into the hangar. Batman sent them out to get supplies for the Cave, and while they were doing that, M'gann got some food. Batman, Zatara, Red Tornado, and the rest of the Team were waiting for them. Conner came out with a crate on his back.

 "Did you get everything?" the Dark Knight asked.

 "Everything on your list, Batman, plus groceries," M'gann said while levitating  two boxes of food. She set one down and Wally looked inside it.

 "Cookie fixins?" he asked.

 "Snickerdoodles," M'gann confirmed.

 "And chocolate chip," I added. I had asked M'gann to get some.

 "Babe, you rock my world," Wally said. I rolled my eyes. I saw the elevator open and Artemis and Zatanna walked out. I walked over to them.

 "Glad you're back, Zatanna," Artemis said.

 "Nice to see you again, Zatanna," I said, waving. She smiled and waved back a little.

 "Does this mean you're officially joining the Team?" Artemis asked her. The three of us looked at Zatara as he levitated a few crates, while Red Tornado flew one up in a tornado.

 "I don't know. Zatara's so overprotective," Zatanna said with her arms crossed as she looked at her dad.

 "Know the feeling," I muttered.

 "I mean, just getting him to let me visit takes a full day's wheedling," Zatanna continued. "I just wish he'd just give me some space."

 Suddenly, all the Leaguers that were in the room shimmered and disappeared.

 "Dad!" Zatanna cried.

 In my head, I was yelling the same thing. I could have sworn I heard some people chanting a spell. Where did they go?

 I was with Robin and Zatanna in the Cave as we looked at holographic screens that had news about adults disappearing.

 "We've set up a refuge center at the high school gym," Kid said through the comm-link. "Any luck with-"

 "No," I sighed.

 "Can't raise the Batcave, the Hall of Justice, or the Watch..." Robin stopped himself before he could reveal to Zatanna about the Watchtower. "...or any adult her, even Red Arrow."

 My heart clenched when I heard that Roy went missing. Sure we haven't been on the best of terms lately, but I still deeply care about him.

 "Guess we're on our own. Kid Flash out," Kid said, the comm went down.

 "Traditional media's offline, but kids worldwide are all posting the same thing. Every adult, eighteen or older has disappeared," I said, scrolling through some of the things kids have posted about the adults disappearing.

 I looked through some and they saddened me. Kids saying things like, 'Where's my mommy and daddy?' and 'Where'd my parents go? Do they not love me anymore?' Kids shouldn't have to think like this or go through it, losing their parents like I did before.

 "The sorcery necessary to pull this off...scary big," Zatanna said, looking at Robin and me.

 "And we need you to find its source," Robin told her.