Unusual Suspects

A/N. Hey, guys So sorry for the late update! As Thanksgiving rolled around, I got really busy and so did school. But here's another chapter finally! For the picture, I have no idea. I couldn't think of anything to put up there before, and can't think of anything now to change it. This is the second to last chapter in this story. I wanna try to get the last chapter out before finals come up for me, which is in about two weeks, so hopefully I will by then. I have a sequel, but I wanna know if you guys want me to publish it here, so tell me in the comments if you guys do. Personally, I like my sequel better than my first, because it's just a bit less cringy than this one. Just a bit. One last thing, for the picture, I have no idea. I couldn't think of anything to put up there before, and I can't think of anything now to change it.  Okay, that's enough of that, enjoy! -Anna.

WASHINGTON D.C.
December 30, 09:16 EST

 The whole Team, plus the new girl, Rocket (aka, Raquel), were in the Hall of Justice's library watching the news. The whole League was at the entrance with reporters and citizens, watching Superman speak at the podium.

"The Justice League was formed for two reasons," Superman spoke. "First, as an acknowledgement that no single individual no matter how powerful can solve the world's problems alone. And second, to uphold the values of truth, liberty, and justice. That last one's even in the name." The crowd laughed and flashes from cameras were shot at the heroes. Superman looked at the new Leaguers. "These five hero's have sworn to uphold those values."

 I tried to keep my attention on the news, but my mind kept drifting off towards what might happen later today. Tonight at Central Park, Klarion would meet me there and take me somewhere. Let's just hope that it won't be too dangerous.

 "You are watching live coverage of the Justice League's induction of its five newest members," Cat Grant reported. "Looks like the entire League has shown up to welcome the new blood. Everyone from Batman to Captain Marvel."

 "I'm glad they didn't kick Billy out," Wally said and munched on his apple. "And I love the fact that there's a ten-year-old on the League."

 "There is?" Raquel asked incredulously. I glared at Wally while Robin elbowed him.

 "Ow!" Kid whined.

 "Way to keep a secret, genius," Robin said sarcastically. 

 "Hey, she's on the Team now, right?" Wally said. I rolled my eyes, and put my gaze back to the screen.

" Superman is now handing out official League membership cards. Starting with Doctor Fate," Cat said Zatanna looked down and Robin put a hand on her shoulder. I looked down a little too. I still felt really guilty, and bad about Zatanna losing her dad. "The Atom. Plastic Man. And Icon."

 "You know, I was the one who convinced Icon to become a hero in the first place. I should be outside celebrating with him not hidden away in here," Raquel said.

 "Welcome to our world," Kaldur said with a small smile.

"Well, I suppose there's an upside, too," Raquel said while looking at Kaldur. Looks like someone has her eyes on a certain Atlantean.

"Finally, Green Arrow welcomes his former protege Speedy, now known as Red Arrow to this roster of heroes."

 "Way to go, Roy!" Wally cheered.

 "At last, he has his wish," Kaldur said.

 "The first of us to make it. No one will call him a sidekick anymore," Robin said.