Alpha Male

MOUNT JUSTICE

September 23, 06:23 EDT

 It was the day after the Reds attacked. Everyone was sitting down in the Cave with some of the League fixing up the destruction that the robots made. Only Aqualad wasn't at the table as he was talking to Batman. Green Arrow placed a bowl of pretzels in front of Kid. 

 "Thanks, but no thanks," he said. I stared at him in shock. He never refuses food. 

 "Yeah. What we want are answers about Red Tornado and his siblings," Robin demanded. 

 "Exactly!" Kid said. Arrow went to take away the bowl. "Leave the bowl." Kid grabbed the bowl back from Arrow.

 As he munched on the snack, I rolled my eyes playfully. Of course he'd still eat the pretzels. Suddenly Superboy pushed Aqualad against a wall. 

 "You knew?!" he yelled. "That android and his maniac family almost killed M'gann!"

 "Conner, what are you doing?" Miss Martian asked as she flew over to the two. 

 "Kaldur knew we had a traitor among us and said nothing!" Superboy said.

 I gasped silently. A traitor?

 "You knew?" Robin asked in disbelief. 

 "But didn't tell us?" Kid added. 

 "I sought to protect the team from-" Aqualad tried to explain. 

 "Protect us from what, knowledge that might've saved our lives?" Artemis said. 

 "You almost died!" Superboy said to Miss M. 

 "Enough," Batman said firmly. We all turned towards him. "With Red Tornado missing, the Team will now be overseen by rotating supervisors. Captain Marvel has volunteered to take the first shift."

 Captain Marvel stepped up. "I'm really looking forward to hanging with you guys." We all glanced at each other except for Superboy and Aqualad.

 Superboy glared at Aqualad. "After I dismantle Red Tornado, you and I are gonna-"

 Batman walked up to the two. "Red Tornado is a member if the Justice League. That makes him a League responsibility. You will leave him to us." Batman opened a holo screen that showed a newspaper that said, Gorilla trades bananas for bullets. It showed a gorilla with a machine gun. How does a gorilla get a machine gun? "I have another mission for this team." The newspaper changed to one of the Mayor of Gotham, with lots of bandages and casts. 

 Kid read off the newspaper. "'Gotham Mayor attacked by Gurilla Gorilla'?" 

 Was this the only thing he could find to distract us? Superboy asked through the mind link. 

 "Batman please!" Robin stepped towards the Dark Knight. "Tell me you're not sending us on this joke of a wild ape chase."

 "I never joke about the mission," Batman said sternly. Robin's eyes widened and he looked down. I placed my hand on his shoulder. "I've checked the sources. I've studied the patterns. Mayor Hill's encounter is only the latest in a series of incidents. Aqualad, you and your team will depart for India and check this out."

 Aqualad gave him a curt nod. 

 As Kid walked past Aqualad, he said to him, "Humph. 'Your team'."

 I sighed as we walked towards the Bio-Ship. Sphere came up to the ship, but Superboy shooed him away. 

 "Uh-uh. Go," he said. Sphere blinked and rolled away, right after I gave him little pat. Captain Marvel flew over to the ship.