Homefront

A/N. So, if any of you guys have read my Shade story on Quotev, you guys would know that I wrote Targets before Homefront. Well, I'm not going to be doing that in this version. Rewatching YJ, I found out that my entire Target chapter couldn't happen, so I won't be writing that here. I'm not going to delete Targets chapter on Q though. I might just write Agendas on here if I can think of something for it. And that's my rant for this chapter. Read on! -Anna

GOTHAM CITY

September 22, 07:50 EDT

 Today is the first day of school for Dick and me. Artemis was starting today as well at our school of Gotham Academy. Dick, Barbra, and I were watching Artemis as she tried to pull down her skirt lower, waiting in the courtyard for her liaison.

 "Artemis, I'm Bette, your new student liaison. Welcome to Gotham Academy," Bette, a blonde with blue eyes greeted her. I knew a few people at Gotham, but I'm always too shy to talk to anybody. Now, I'm glad that there's somebody that I know that I can talk to. Even if she's in a different grade than me.

 "Thanks." Artemis cleared her throat. "I'm Artemis. But you already knew that."

 Dick suddenly pulled me up next to Artemis, and took out his phone. "We'll laugh about this someday."

 Dick took a photo with the three of us in it, using the flash. I blinked the spots out of my eyes. When I opened my eyes fully, my brother was gone. He pulled the ninja move.

"Uh, who was that?" Artemis asked.

"A freshman. Ignore him," Bette responded.

Artemis looked at me. "Alice?"

Bette looked at us in surprise. "You two know each other?"

"We're old friends," Artemis quickly said.

"Well, I'll leave you two to catch up," Bette said and walked into the school.

"You go here?" Artemis asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. Perks of being Bruce Wayne's daughter."

Artemis's eyes widened. "Bruce Wayne's your dad?"

"Yeah. Please don't make a big deal out of it," I pleaded.

Artemis nodded. "I won't. So who was that kid that took the picture?"

"That was my brother, Richard Grayson. Or, what he prefers, Dick," I answered.

"You two have different last names," Artemis observed.

"Yeah, we're adopted from two different families." The bell rung. "Come on. We should get to class," I said, not wanting to get into my past.

After school had ended, I walked up to the entrance where my older brother was standing, waiting for Alfred to pick us up from school.

"Hey, Dick, I'm going to head to the Cave instead of coming home. I don't have a lot of homework, and I want to hang out with Megan some more," I said. Before Superboy and her start smooching, I thought.

Miss Martain had told me about her mission with Superboy at Belle Reve. Who knew a high security prison was what it took to get the two aliens together? Dick agreed, and I went into a nearby restaurant. After changing into my super suit, I went out the back door of the restaurant. I went into the nearest zeta tube, and teleported inside the Cave. I saw Kid, Superboy, and Miss Martian in the hangar with Kid doing something to Superboy's bike. Sphere was blinking next to all of them.