Coldhearted

A/N. Hey, guys! Hope you all are enjoying the story so far! Just a small A/N for today. The picture is of Alice's outfit for the party, and this chapter is a shorter one. Just a heads up. That's it for now. Read on! -Anna

 Hate to admit it, but Klarion has been teaching me a lot, and has helped me with controlling my powers more. I can now take peoples' shadows without being too tired, and I learned how to make way bigger weapons with bigger shadows. I don't know if I can do anything else yet. The only repercussion was that Klarion had me on a tight schedule, making me go to his training at specific times that didn't agree with my regular schedule sometimes. I've had to sneak out of the Manor a few times just so I arrived at the training sessions, because Klarion warned that if I didn't, there'd be consequences. How much longer can I keep this secret?

MOUNT JUSTICE

November 11, 16:05 EST

 The Team plus Flash and Red Tornado are hiding in the Cave's living room for Wally's surprise sixteenth birthday party. Although, I'm pretty sure that Wally knows about the party already.

Recognized: Kid Flash, B03

Zeta tube network now offline due to extreme atmospheric conditions

 Even though the zeta tubes went off in the mission room, I could still hear it from the living room. We didn't have to wait long before we heard Wally's footsteps and voice.

 "Be a tragedy if I missed my own-" Wally started, and then we turned on the lights.

 "Surprise!" we all shouted. Above us was a red banner with yellow writing that said, Happy Birthday and balloons everywhere.

 "What?! Oh, you guys! You shouldn't have," Wally exclaimed in fake surprise.

 "Right, not like you've been hinting for days or anything," Robin said sarcastically. Wally sat down on the couch with two cakes in front of him.

 "We made two cakes because, well, we know how you eat," I said.

 "Awesome. What will you guys eat?" Wally asked.

 "We'll split the cupcake. Make a wish," M'gann said. I hope she was kidding about the cupcake.

 "Way ahead of you," Wally said, grinning at M'gann, and blows out the candles on both of the cakes. We all cheer and say happy birthday to Wally again. "You know, if I tell you my wish, it won't come true, but if you guess..." Wally trails off. M'gann holds up a plate with a slice of cake on it. "Nope. Guess again." 

 I sighed at Wally and shook my head. Doesn't he get that she's not interested? Plus, M'gann has a boyfriend. 

 M'gann kisses Wally's forehead. "Happy birthday."

 Wally sighs sadly. Everyone goes around the room, and mingles while I sat back on the kitchen counter looking at everyone. Not a very big party person. I see Robin give Zatanna a plate with two pieces of cake.

 "You settling in here okay?" Robin asks her.

 "Oh, yeah. Just like home," Zatanna answers, taking the plate. I still feel really bad and guilty about her dad becoming Doctor Fate.

 "I know this is all very new and intimidating, but I promise you, someday..." They looked at Wally who was shoving his face with cake. I scrunched my nose up. He can be such a pig when it comes to food. "You'll get used to watching Wally eat," Robin finished. He looked into the kitchen and glanced at me.