Failsafe

A/N. Hey readers, hope you enjoy this chapter. Thank you all for the reads! You guys are the best. New chapter, hope you enjoy. Sorry that it gets cheesy at some parts. Now, onto the story! -Anna

MOUNT JUSTICE

October 16, 16:01 EDT

  The whole Team plus Red Tornado were watching a live video feed from space where some of the Justice League were battling a giant spaceship. The spaceship fired lasers and one by one, a Leaguer in space was disintegrated before our eyes. The Green Lanterns, Martian Manhunter, Captian Marvel, Superman, Captain Atom, and Batman. I dropped my head once I saw that. Even though I knew it wasn't real, Batman was my dad ever since he took Robin and me in. He was another father figure to me besides John from Hayley's circus. It still hurt to see him go like that. 

 A transmission showed up next to the holographic screen, and Zatara showed up on another holographic screen. 

 "Tornado, did you-" Zatara said in a gravely tone. 

 "Yes, Zatara, we saw," Tornado informed the magician. "Celestial defenses have failed. Initiate all terrestrial measures."

 "Affirmative. See you in the field," Zatara said and the holo screen was gone.

 Red Tornado turned to us. "I must join the League. We will protect the planet at all costs. But should we fail, the responsibility falls to you." 

 No pressure or anything, right? I didn't want to be the one responsible for the Earth's destruction. But, I'm a hero, and that's what heroes do. Do whatever it takes to protect the innocent. 

 "We stand ready," Aqualad said. 

 "This is Iris West-Allen reporting live," Iris-Wally's aunt-said on the news. "The extraterrestrials have brought their relentless global attack to Central City." Iris flinched, and looked behind her as she saw an arch break and some civilians get disintegrated. Suddenly, a red blur came in and swept Iris away. 

 "Tropsnart siht namaremac ot ytefas," I heard Zatara speak. Yellow sparkles showed on the camera and the view was now on top of a building with Zatara. The Flash came a second later with Iris, and he put her down. "You should both be safe here. At least, for now," Zatara said to Iris and the cameraman. 

 "Thank you...Flash and Zatara," Iris thanked to the superheroes. Flash put a hand on her shoulder before speeding away with Zatara levitating behind him. "Denny, you okay?" Iris asked. A thumbs up came from the cameraman. Iris continued her report. "As you can see, the Justice League is attempting to hold the line."

  The camera moved to a burning building where Zatara and Flash were trying to get people that were on top of it down. A smaller version of the giant spaceship fired a laser at the top of the building, and the two Leaguers and the people disappeared. "No," Iris whispered looking at the building. A spacecraft flew from behind Iris and Denny. The news suddenly turned to Cat Grant in the studio. 

 "Iris, Iris! Get out of there," she yelled. The signal was lost, and the screen that had Iris on it went static. "I'm sorry, we're experiencing technical difficulties from our Central City feed. We take you now to a devastated Taipei where another League contingent is having a bit more luck," Cat said.

 The screen changed to Taipei, where the Hawks were and suddenly got disintegrated. Green Arrow and Black Canary managed to destroy a few of the ships before being destroyed themselves. More and more of my family just keeps getting taken away, and it hurt to see and not being able to do anything even though it wasn't real.