Insecurity

A/N. Hey guys! New chapter! The picture as you guys can probably guess, is the reason for Alice's shyness and untrusting personality. That's it for now. Hope you all enjoy! -Anna

I was in the Cave just hanging out with everyone, besides Robin and Artemis. Green Arrow came over earlier, and told us that he had a surprise for us. Wonder what it is.

Recognized: Green Arrow, 08

Red Arrow, B06

 We all rushed to the mission room to see Green Arrow and Red Arrow walk out of the zeta tubes. I raised my eyebrow. What was Roy doing here?

 "Team, I'd like you to meet your new member: Red Arrow," the green clad archer announced.

 Everyone crowded around the two archers, but I stayed behind a little. Why was Roy joining the Team? He made it clear he didn't want any part of it when the Team was first formed. I saw Red Arrow look at me with a soft gaze, but I just looked away stubbornly, and scoffed. He's not getting off the hook that easy.

MOUNT JUSTICE
December 5, 17:04 EST

Recognized: Artemis, B07

The zeta tubes suddenly went off a little after Red and Green Arrow got here, and Artemis appeared with her hands on her hips.

 "Artemis. Just in time. Look who's agreed to join the team," Green Arrow said and Red Arrow turned to look at his former mentor's protege.

 "Finally!" Kid cheered happily.

 "Sure. Team's needed a real archer," Artemis grumbled, walking up to the rest of us.

 I looked at her sadly. She finds a place on the Team, and then our old friend comes in with the same skills as her.

 "Okay, people, listen up," Green Arrow said, and typed something on a holo pad. "The Dynamic Duo's on a case in Gotham, but Batman gave me a heads up." A picture of Sportsmaster came up, and another picture him in normal clothes at an airport. "Sportsmaster was spotted coming from Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport."

 "In full costume? Nervy," Zatanna said.

 "In street clothes," Green Arrow corrected the magician. "Facial recognition software picked up the ID. Find out what he's up to."

 "All of us? Seems like overkill for a shadow job," Superboy said.

 "Perhaps a small squad. Miss Martian's camouflage abilities seem ideal," Red Tornado said. 

 "Thought the sidekicks-" Green Arrow started, but stoped his sentence when I gave him a glare. I'm pretty sure all of the former sidekicks gave him glares. "-sorry, ex-sidekicks-could suit up on this," the green archer quickly corrected. "Aqualad, Kid Flash, Red Arrow, Shade." I grinned a little.

 "Good. Stakeouts make me crazy," Superboy said.

 "We could use the night off," Miss M said. 

"I want in," Artemis suddenly said. We all look at her. "With M'gann and Robin out, no one's logged more hours piloting the Bio-Ship," she explains.

"Artemis, are you sure?" Green Arrow asks.

"Absolutely," Artemis answers.

 The Team members that weren't going on the mission left, and so did the League members. I trailed behind the other Team members that were going on the mission, and hid behind a wall once I was alone. Pulling up my sleeve, I sighed in relief once the bracelet didn't light up. Klarion's lessons were becoming less often these past few days, and I was getting concerned why. I had no idea if he was planning anything special for a lesson, or if he was just being absent for a whole other reason.