The Finale, Part 1

Can I be in your life too Gaby?

Those words, played over and over again. Okay, quick mental notes. Positive, he came over and is talking to me now. Negative, he left and didnt even try to fight and lied big time.

"Can we talk more in private?" I wispered at Niall. "Sure." He got up and picked up Lucy and went upstairs and put her to bed signing Little Things. God dammit, little shit knows I love that song. He's going to use it against me. "So what do you want to talk about?" I stared at him. "What happened two years ago?"

Silence filled the air.

"Look, I'm sorry for what happened back then. But that is in the past. This is now. Can we just forget what happened?" Niall said.

"Forget? Forget? What you did created something new that i didn't this was going to happen." I whispered/yelled.

"What I did? You were the one what went along with it!" He said, slowing raising his voice.

"But I'm not the one who had the idea in their head to do it!" I replied.

"It sure seemed like you had the same idea in your head too that morning!" Niall said, thinking he won the fight.

"At least I'm not the one that lied. I asked you if you would stay with me and you lied to me." A few tears started to form, and they fell to my cheeks. "You lied BIG time!" I'll be honest I was yelling too.

"Okay so I lied? Big woop. So?" Niall asked

"That was a big thing you did!" I said.

"Oh my god you're making this into a big deal!" Niall got close to me and when I walked back I tripped on my bum from one of Lucys toys. Niall got closer and held out his hand. "No, its fine."

"See, I'm trying to help you and you wont even accept that!" He yells.

"Shhhh! You're going to wake up Lucy!"

"Is everything going okay down there?" I heard Jessica from upstairs.

I Looked up and nodded yes. "Yeah, were fine. Just saying goodbye. Right Niall?"

"Umm, I dont know, I guess."

I walked Niall to the door and the last thing he said was that he was going to text me.

"How if you dont have my number?" I asked.

"Just, please respond when I do."

Then Paul came with the car and he was gone.

___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___:___

I woke up on the couch and my phone had a text message from Niall.

From: Niall

   Please, I just want to start over. I will change, and be here forever for you and Lucy. I wont leave and will prove to you everything I say or do. Please Gaby, I love you.

In my head im thinking: Awe shit. Now what? I mean, I do want him back, but what if it doesnt turn out to be okay?

I grabbed my phone and went upstairs to Jessicas room. I opened the door and went on her side of the.queen size mattress and shook her. "Jessica." I whispered. "Jessica, I need your help."

"What the hell do you need Gaby?" She moaned.

"Read this and tell me what you think." I handed her my phone and gave her a minute to wake up and read the message.

She sat up, sighed, then started a whole lecture.

"Gaby, I dont know what to tell you. Im not the one having problems with. He told me yesterday that he did fight but he needed the money for his family back in Ireland. If you really love him, go for it. But dont thinm about yourself. You have to think about Lucy too," She paused, letting me sink all the words she's saying. "Lucy deserves to have a dad. You can't have her grow up thinking it's just you by yourself. Show her that it takes two to tango. In the end Gaby, your whole future depends on this text youre going to reply to him."

I looked at her, "What do you mean my future depends on this?"

"If you reply 'no' then youre on youre own with a child.that thinks her dad doesnt love her." She explained. "If you reply 'yes' then its the complete opposite of what I said and you guys can be a family. A family that loves eachother and that can depend on one another."

A gave it a moment before she gives me my phone back.

"Thank you Jessica."

I left her room and went into Lucy's room.

"Lucy, baby wake up." I sang in a soft voice.

She yawned in the cutest way possible. "Hi mummy."

"Hi honey." I paused. "Would you like to see daddy today?" I asked.

She sat up and nodded her head yes and started hugging me.

"Okay now lets change and then I will call daddy."

I chose a little cute pink tu-tu with a shirt of a turtle at a beach. I unlocked my phone and dialed Niall's number.

"Hello?" His Irish accent rang in my ear.

"Hi." I said.

"Gaby? Whats up?"

"I was wondering if you would like to hang out with Lucy today?"

"Yes. Of course. Where do you want to meet?" He asked, obviouly smiling.

"Ice cream shop?"

"Meet you in 10. Love you sweetheart."

"Bye." I hung up the phone, put it in my back pocket and grabbed Lucy and went to my room.

I got a white flowy shirt and shorts with sandals.

"Come on Lucy."

I went downstairs, got my keys, locked the door, put Lucy in her little seat and got in the drivers side.

In 10 minutes we got to the ice cream shop where Niall was waiting for us, smiling.