The Finale, part 2

"Lucy look who's here." I said to my extremely anxious daughter who then screamed, "ITS DADDY!" She tried getting out of her car seat but due to the seat belt she didn't move that much. "Mummy get me off, I want to hug dwaddy."

I parked the car then got out of my seat. I opened Lucy's door and unbuckled her seat and carried her to my side and closed her door. "Okay, Lucy I want you to be a good little lady and dont-"

"DADDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!"  she yelled at the top of her lungs. Niall looked up and got out of his seat and keeled down to Lucy and hugged her tightly. I closed the door and locked the car and walked up to the empty seat across from Niall. Niall picked up Lucy and sat her next to him. "Hi Lucy, you look beautiful today." He smiled. She giggled and said, "Twanks Dwaddy." "Do you wanna come get ice cream with mummy and I?" he said while standing up and holding out his hand. Lucy took his hand and got off the seat. 

Then they walked over to my side and Niall stuck out his hand for me. I looked up at him, then back at his hand. I took his hand and walked inside the ice cream parlor with him and Lucy. Niall asked Lucy what she wanted and asked me as well, and the lady gave us our scoops of ice cream and Niall paid. "Twank you." Lucy said. "Thank you Niall." I said as well. We walked back outside and sat in our same spot and started eating our ice cream.

I won't lie, it was a little awkward for me. Niall would keep looking at me and just stare for a long periods of time. By the time everyone was done with their ice cream, I took a deep breath, and asked Lucy, "Hey baby, how would you like if mummy and daddy were in a house together? And we can do fun stuff together?" I saw Niall stood stiff, and looked at Lucy. Lucy looked at him and nodded her head in excitement. 

I looked at Niall, "We should start over, and we can buy a flat together and we can be a family." He looked at me and with tears in his eyes, stood up and came over to me and gave me the tightest hug I have ever gotten. "I would love that Gaby. I really want to be there for you and Lucy. And I promise you, I won't be going anywhere," he paused

"I love you."