~ Chapter 2 ~

Kyoko was walking around the village, walking past the feudal buildings. She had gotten separated from Takehiko, so she decided to just look for her prey for herself.

The reason she was out instead of being in the shrine was to take care of a troublesome yokai that has been causing trouble for the people of the town that Takehiko is suppose to protect, along with Kyoko. So, here she was, looking for the yokai that she is suppose to take care of - or in her opinion, kill.

I wonder where Takehiko went... Oh well, I guess I'll take care of that yokai myself. She stopped walking, looking around for any signs of a yokai. It was silent except for the sounds of people walking around, there was a few homeless people around, but not too many. She found nothing and continued walking, until she heard a high-pitched scream.

She turned on her feet and began running towards the scream, ready to draw her swords. She arrived at a wooden bridge to see a girl being attacked by some kind of salamander yokai. She quickly sliced the yokai in half, making it disappear into the abyss. Her sword was once more in its sheath and she was about to leave. Only to be stopped when someone tugged on her shrine outfit, she looked down at the corner of her eye to see the girl.

Kyoko didn't mind being touched by humans or anyone really, however, she had somewhere she needed to be. Takehiko said I could kill that yokai, and he never said I couldn't kill a human. Besides, I need to get somewhere, so... Since her swords were on her left waist, she puts her left hand on the end of her hilt, flicking her sword up slightly, revealing part of the sword's blade. She was about to grab onto her hilt with her right hand to kill the girl, but before she could, someone karate chopped her head. "No, Kyoko!" Takehiko said, his face filled with slight anger.

A anime bump appeared on her head while Takehiko talked to the girl, who bowed to the man, said her thanks to Kyoko before running off. After the girl had disappeared, he looked at Kyoko who was looking at the river with a rather annoyed look.

Takehiko sighed and placed a hand on her head, making sure to avoid touching the anime bump on her head. "Look, Kyoko, you can't go killing people just because," she didn't respond, making him sigh again.

He grabbed her swords from her, making her snap her head at him, almost glaring. "From today onwards, you are not allowed to carry these swords with you—"

He stopped mid-sentence as he realised that the swords weren't in his hands anymore, rather, once more, on her waist. Kyoko muttered "Touch them again and you die."

Finding out that removing the swords from her waist would mean death, he decided to go with a different option. "Alright, from now on, you are not allowed to draw your swords," Kyoko just stared at him for a few seconds before glancing at her swords. "Not until I say so. You need to learn that you are a familiar that protects people, not kill them. If you cannot do that, then I'll be forced to think that you are weak - and not worthy to be my familiar."

They were chained up with special magic chains so she could not draw them. Instead of saying anything about it, she just sat at the wooden boards silently. She watched the sunset, unmoving from her spot. She glanced at her chained hilts, gently placing a hand on them. I can't use my swords now... How will I fight now?

An hour later...

Takehiko was inside the shrine, his eyes glued to Kyoko, who still hadn't move from the wooden boards and it was close to turning dark now. So, is this what you call being scolded? Should I be upset or what?

Next hour...

She was still sitting on the wooden boards, not moving an inch for two hours. At this point, Takehiko was beginning to think he had gone overboard on chaining her weapons.