~ Chapter 6 ~

Kyoko was making her way to where all the God's were working. She arrived at the door, and was about to open it when someone yelled "You!"

She turned around to see someone attack her, she was fast enough to use her sheath to block the incoming sword attack. She was pushed through the door and onto the ground, the person pushing down on her with his sword. The person was a familiar, who looked oddly similar to Raija. Only difference was, he had long hair instead of short hair like Raija. "Hiroshi!" A woman yelled. "Stand down!"

The boy, or rather, man, said "No! This... This yokai attacked Raija, and she will pay!"

Kyoko raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything. She kicked the Raija look alike and flipped onto her legs, backing up quite a distance. She attempted to unsheathe the hilted sword in her left hand with her right hand, but of course, it didn't work. Where is Takehiko when you need him? She placed her sword back with her other pair, deciding to battle with just her fists and yokai power. Hiroshi attacked her, his sword about to pierce her however, she sidestepped the attack and grabbed onto the blade of the sword to hold him still. Ignoring the blood that was driving from her hand. Hiroshi looked at her with shock, "You're insane."

Kyoko shrugged, "People tell me that a lot, although, I don't disagree with them," she stepped forward and went to plunge her other hand into his stomach.

Hiroshi on the other hand, was getting ready to do the same. However, just as they were about to, someone yelled "Stop!" and grabbed their wrists just before any blood could be spilled.

Kyoko's eyes darted towards whoever it was, her eyes filled with bloodlust. However, it quickly disappeared as she saw who it was. Takehiko. "Stand down," Takehiko said.

Kyoko's eyes were shadowed as she pulled back her hand, noticing that Raija was standing behind the Forest God. Hiroshi glared at Kyoko, and said "Why are you protecting her, Lord Takehiko? No offence, but she has hurt someone of a high rank, I don't think she deserves to be a familiar! Or alive for that matter!" Hiroshi went for another attack however he stopped when Raija stepped in front of her, hands out.

"Hiroshi! Stand down! It's not what you think!" Raija shouted.

Hiroshi growled "How could you protect someone like her? She hurt you, so why—"

"No, she didn't!" Raija shouted desperately. "She was the one that saved me from dying! If she wasn't there, I would've been dead because of my own cockiness!" Hiroshi was shocked. "But I didn't get a chance to tell you since you just up and left, and judging by how she just left me in the room all injured and stuff didn't help her situation!"

Kyoko drops Raija on the ground harshly in front of his God Master, Layla. She looked at the God, and said "I suggest taking care of him immediately, otherwise, he might die," and she walked off.

"However, she's innocent! She didn't hurt me at all!" Raija said.

Hiroshi looked back and forth between Kyoko and Raija. Kyoko's eyes were shadowed by her hair, so you weren't able to tell what she was thinking or what her expression was, while Raija had a desperate yet determined look on his face. Hiroshi sighed, and pulled back his attack, standing properly. "I'll take your word for it, Raija. I trust you not to lie to me," Raija sighed in relief, glad he managed to convince his familiar partner. "However, if you hurt him in any way, you won't receive any mercy," she didn't say anything.

"Uh, Kyoko?"

She didn't respond. Takehiko sighed and pats her head, "I'm not mad, I promise," she looked at him with an annoyed expression.

She just muttered "Why would I care about what you have to say?"

"Oh no reason, you just seemed to be a bit sad is all," Takehiko said, laughing nervously.

She huffed, "Tch, idiot," she began walking away. "Oh, and Raija. I didn't save you because I wanted to."

"Huh?"

"It would've been a waste to let you die," Kyoko said. "Besides, I would never hear the end of it from Takehiko if I were to let someone die on my watch," she grabbed a full load of job request from her mini table and disappeared.

Takehiko laughed while Raija and Hiroshi sweat-dropped. "Ah, she's so cold yet so warm."

Hiroshi asks "By the way, why didn't she tell me that she wasn't the one that hurt Raija?"

Raija replied for Takehiko "She's an antisocial person apparently... She only talks when she feels like it."

"Oh... Wait, what? Wouldn't she tell me if she knew she was going to die?" Hiroshi said.

Takehiko chuckles, "That only depends if she knew she was going to die, I mean, she probably thought you weren't going to kill her, she's stronger than she looks. You would've been dead if her swords were chained."

Raija asks "Why are they chained? I mean, aren't they useless that way."

"Well, yes. But it's a precaution. Sure, she has loyalty on her, but there are times when she will not be able to control her bloodlust. Until she can, I rather be safe than sorry and have her swords chained up. She's 100 times more stronger with them than without them," he said nonchalantly. "Now, we better get to work or we won't get the last day off like usual~"

Four more days left until the Summit was over.