~ Chapter 8 ~

Kyoko was sitting on the rooftops of the Palace, trying to zone out the sounds of drunk gods and laughing. It was night in the God realm and at the moment, they were partying the nights away. As to why, she didn't know nor did she care. Although, she was required to stay with her 'Master', she refused to do so due to the fact her nose was sensitive to smells such as sake so Takehiko allowed her to leave and do as she pleased - except kill any humans, familiars or gods of course.

That's how she ended up on the roofs of the Palace. Her eyes staring into space, almost literally. Her right arm lazily slung over her arched right leg.

"You may be strong, Rogue Hunter, but that's what's going to get you killed. Once my Master comes, you'll be on the ground, just like I am, and you'll wish you died today."

She frowned at her thoughts, what did that yokai mean by that? Who is its—I mean, his Master? Loud laughs were heard from below her, she growled. I can't think with all this noise, she touched her head in frustration, and almost in pain.

"You know, it might be less painful if you went to sleep," she snapped her head over to see Takehiko, who was holding a bottle of sake in his hands.

She slightly glared at him, before asking nonchalantly "What are you doing here? I thought you were partying with the other gods and familiars."

"I was, but I thought I would check up on you to make sure you're not doing anything reckless. Although, I was surprised to see you on the rooftop having a distress look on your face. You know, it's the first time I've seen you have a different expression apart from annoyed, emotionless and upset," Takehiko said, sitting down next to her. "So, what's on your mind that's got you so perplexed?"

Kyoko stared at him for a few seconds, before looking at the sky. "I suppose I should tell you, but I have a feeling you already know the story," she said, her face turning into a soft emotionless face.

"Is it about what that yokai had said to you before his death?" Kyoko stared at him for a few seconds.

Kyoko stated, almost coldly "What happened to the Takehiko I knew? He isn't suppose to be that smart," Takehiko began to sulk.

After a few minutes of comical sulking, he said in a more serious tone "Don't worry about what he said. I do believe that his words should be taken into account, but it's most likely a bluff or a way to advertise his Master's strength."

"I know, but awhile ago. A yokai said something similar to that."

"So, that's the famous Rogue Hunter. I must say, you are a mighty foe," the yokai grinned weakly. "But you're not as strong as the master," and he disappeared like every other yokai.

"Having not one, but two say something similar is something to be taken more seriously," Takehiko said, rubbing his chin. "We'll have to investigate into it later, but you should relax more. Why not take a nap? You look like you need one."

Kyoko looked at him as if he was crazy. "You must be crazy. I have never slept in my life, and I don't intend to start sleeping today," she said calmly, closing her eyes as if she was listening to the wind. "Those friends of yours are quite loud."

"Get some sleep," Takehiko said, almost demandingly.

Kyoko raised an eyebrow, "I thought I told you—"

"You're going to get some sleep," Takehiko said firmly yet kind. "Remember my lesson about being a human? Well, here's one today. You will be sleeping till it's morning. It's 1am at the moment, you have 7 hours till you have to start work for today."