~ Chapter 4 ~

Weeks had passed since Kyoko became Takehiko's official familiar, she spent most of the time practicing using her yokai powers. In that time frame, she was still not allowed to use her swords for anything yet, meaning they were still chained up. Despite having been told not to kill humans, Takehiko was certain that she could accidentally kill someone because of her killer instincts. It was in her nature to kill anyone she deemed was in her way. So, until she could control that killer instinct, Takehiko forbade her use of her swords and was to focus on getting use to using her yokai powers. He believed that if she was to be relieved of using her swords for awhile, have her travel around the village a few times, use her yokai powers and talk to people, may help her with her killer instinct. He also believed that she could use her yokai powers efficiently, she would be a good attribute in protecting the town he loves.

She sat on the wooden boards of the shrine, staring at the bright blue sky. "Kyoko! Kyoko! Kyoko!" a red flying cat shouted, flying at full speed towards the wind yokai.

The girl side stepped, dodging the incoming tackle from the hyperactive willow wisp. Akari crashed into the ground, she got up, shaking her head from dust and glared at Kyoko. "Why did you do that? You were suppose to catch me!"

"If I did, I would be the one on the ground, not you," Kyoko merely stated, crouching down to the cat's level. "Why were you yelling my name, Akari? Is something wrong?"

Akari yelled "Of course something is wrong! Haven't you heard about what's going to be happening in a month's time?" Kyoko shook her head. "Well, I'll be! Of course Lord Takehiko forgot to tell you! Ugh, look, in a month's time, you'll be going to a Seven Day Yearly God Summit's, and familiar's are required to go! Meaning you have to go!"

"And that is a problem?" Kyoko asks, still confused.

Aurora came flying over, answer Kyoko's question. "I-I-I-It's a p-p-p-p-problem b-b-because Lord Takehiko has a f-f-familiar that's a y-y-yokai, u-u-unlike o-o-other familiar's that a-a-are s-shikigami, a-and as y-you know, Shikigami are b-b-b-born to serve as familiars to God... Not y-y-yokai," she began to fiddle with her paws. "B-because of that, m-m-many people are g-g-going to be j-j-j-judging you and the L-Lord... It m-m-might b-bring s-shame to this sh-shrine..."

Kyoko just blinked, looking at them like they were idiots. She sighed, closing her eyes. "Idiots... Is that all?"

"I'm not an idiot! And what do you mean that's all? Of course that's all!" Akari yelled, pissed.

Kyoko said emotionlessly "Do you really think I would just let people insult me? Besides," she glanced at the sky. "Why should I care about what they say?" and she walked off, deciding to begin her regular chores as a familiar.

Takehiko and Kyoko were walking down the pathway, darkness surrounded them. The only light seen was the lit pathway before them that lead them to the Palace where the Yearly God Summit was usually taken place.

Takehiko was wearing his usual kimono. Kyoko was just wearing her shrine maiden outfit with her chained swords on her waist of course, it was particularly the only thing she had to wear and her hair was tied into a loose ponytail.

It wasn't long before they had reached the light portal that was an entrance to the palace. They entered inside to reveal lots and lots of other people, or rather say, Gods. There was one God on the throne, looking all high and mighty. They walked over to them, ignoring the comments being thrown around the room.

"Look, it's Takehiko!"

"I wonder why he even bothered showing up when he's late? And is that a familiar I see?"