~ Chapter 7 ~

The black-haired frowned as she walked through the hallway, stopping for the fifth time that day. Where the hell am I? Why does everywhere have to all look the same? Kyoko looked around, trying to figure out where she was, but to no avail, she was inevitably lost. Where is Takehiko? He's never here when you need him, She thought to herself, slightly annoyed. Her fist was trembling as she fought back the urge to punch the wall.

"Wahhhh~!"

Her ears perked up slightly at the sudden noise, and she lifted her head up, looking around. Her eyes landed on a small figure. Her eyes darted around the room, looking for any signs of an adult, but there was none. What kind of person leaves a child all alone in a place like this? I suppose I should help him... Kyoko walked over to the small, crying boy, stopping in front of him and bending down to the child's level. She opened her mouth.

Takehiko chuckles as he looks at the crystal orb. It showed an image of Kyoko and the child. "This will be interesting," Takehiko said, laughing.

"You really think this will be interesting?" Raija's Master, Layla said, glaring at the orb. "I believe that child is going to die by the hands of your familiar. And you know, if he dies, she dies, and that means you die."

The King said "Be quiet and watch. This is a test after all, I want to see whether she is really qualified to be a familiar and not as a threat to human society."

"You underestimate me, King, Layla," Takehiko said, becoming serious. "I'm not as stupid as to pick a familiar that would hurt humans. She's completely loyal and will not hurt that child. You will be surprised in what she can do besides killing."

"We'll see if we can trust your words. After all, actions speaks louder than words, correct?" The King said. "So we will watch."

"Are you alright, kid?" Kyoko asks, her face emotionless.

The kid sniffed and looked up to see the black-haired female, he immediately glared and asks "Who are you?"

"Kyoko, a familiar of the Forest God, Takehiko," Kyoko answered calmly, unaffected by the child's glare.

The kid laughed mockingly, "You? A familiar? Of the Forest God, Takehiko? You have got to be kidding me? You think I would fall for a trick like that, yokai?"

I don't like this kid. And why does he talk about Takehiko as if he's famous? Whatever, his opinion doesn't really matter much to me. Kyoko shrugs, "Believe me or not, I don't care for what you think, child."

"Don't call me a child!" The kid shouted in annoyance.

Kyoko pointed out, her voice blunt "If you were to tell me your name, I wouldn't have to call you a 'child'," the kid fumed.

He growled "My name is Akio, remember it!"

"Well, Akio," she said, bluntly. "What is someone like you doing out here crying?"

"I wasn't crying!" Akio said offensively while Kyoko just sighs.

Kyoko stated "Whatever you say," she sits down on the ground. "But what are you doing out here alone?"

The boy froze up slightly and looks at the ground, hugging his knees tightly. "I don't know. I was with Papa and next thing I knew, I was alone," tears gathered in his eyes.

Oh please, don't tell me he's going to start crying again, the black-haired female thought to herself, slightly annoyed. "Don't start crying, it won't help you find your father."